Problem with "TT S2-3650"

First some config info:
Q6600 with 4GB running Vista
"Edision DiSEqC switch 4/1" connected to 4 "Edison Twin LNBs" (Connected to Astra 1, 2, 3 and Hotbird as ports 1 to 4)
Technotrend TT-Connect S2-3650CI with the 1.0.2.20 driver from the TechnoTrend site

I'm running ProgDVB Pro 5.15.8 and for the moment, I have some problems:
- progdvb detects the receiver through the BDA driver but doesn't list in the properties the CAM Interface.
- I have the impression that it also doesn't detect the receiver as DVB-S2 since any scan on S2 transponders stay empty (like txp 106 on 12522 on Astra-1G or Txp 16 on 12032 on Astra-1E)
- When scanning on Astra-1 configured for port 1, I get the channels from the correct satellite. When scanning on port 2 or 3 or 4, I only get what looks like channels from Hotbird on port 4. How do I properly configure progdvb for this switch?

thanks

H.D

Re: .

Prog wrote:Check settings->Device options. Must be select "Techontrend".
I first tried 'auto' and that selected the BDA driver.
Then I had tried selecting 'TechnoTrend'. I was instructed to restart progdvb but didn't see any difference as before.

I'll try again this evening.

H.D

Re: .

Prog wrote:Check settings->Device options. Must be select "Techontrend".
It is set to 'technotrend' now and lists the CAM interface in the properties.

But ProgDVB still fails miserably. Even the worst from what I tried so far :(

Unable to use the switch (at least other software could see all 4 sats)
Even on the 1 sat it sees, can't scan all transponders (like 12515.25H)

Since it refuses to scan any transponder with channels I have subscription for, I can't test if the CAM actually works or not.

H.D

So, what stations on Hotbird are you primarily looking for?

The HRT package from Zagreb?
They are on 12520 MHz V 27500, not 12515 H.

Or Italian Prima Fila?
They are on 12616 MHz H 27500, not 12515 H.

Don't really understand, as you seem to be from Belgium.
Though, both are coming in fine over here. See my sig.

There is no transponder registered on Hotbird at 12515250 kHz H nor close to that.

Anyway, try to scan missing transponders (on bird one) manually.
Vary the frequency one or two MHz up and down, to find an eventual deviation caused by local oscillator frequency offset. If finding an offset, don't store, just correct the LOF used for that amount, into the opposite direction and scan again.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Juergen wrote:So, what stations on Hotbird are you primarily looking for?

The HRT package from Zagreb?
They are on 12520 MHz V 27500, not 12515 H.

Or Italian Prima Fila?
They are on 12616 MHz H 27500, not 12515 H.

Don't really understand, as you seem to be from Belgium.
Though, both are coming in fine over here. See my sig.

There is no transponder registered on Hotbird at 12515250 kHz H nor close to that.

Anyway, try to scan missing transponders (on bird one) manually.
Vary the frequency one or two MHz up and down, to find an eventual deviation caused by local oscillator frequency offset. If finding an offset, don't store, just correct the LOF used for that amount, into the opposite direction and scan again.
Actually, the transponders I want and having problems with are Astra 1L (19.2E) - 12515.25 H - Txp: 105, Astra 1L (19.2E) - 12721.75 H - Txp: 119 and Astra 1G (19.2E) - 12522.00 V - Txp: 106.
This one Astra 1E (23.5E) - 12032.00 H - Txp: 17 is on Astra 23.5E which i can't access because of the switch not being addressed by ProgDVB and neither Hotbird as it is on port 4 of the switch.

H.D

Astra 1G (19.2E) - 12522.00 V - Txp: 106 is DVB-S2, can't test that here. This is not about DiSEqC position switching but tuner internal controls for the demodulator.

The other 19.°E transponders mentioned work fine here.
If missing in your transponder list, get a new one from joshyfun.peque.org or edit the existing one. Add at the end, then correct the transponder entries count value.
To test, simply set the transponder data manually first.

To avoid confusion, always mention the birds angular positions, as Astra (x) satellites are changing positions occasionally. So we won't talk about Astra 1 but about 19.2°E., for example.
Talking on Astra 2 won't make sense at all, as on 28.2°E, you would also occasionally find Astra 1x birds, plus even some Eutelsat / Hotbird copositioned there (just 0.3° apart).

But your LNB won't care for bird names, it sees all from an angular position it is heading to.

See my signature.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>