Happauge Nexus's remote dont work!!!

Hi, I recently installed on my PC, the Nexus's card(Hauppauge), the problem is that the remote control is not working, i have tried everything and it still not working. recently i bought the ProgDVB remote software, is good but not enought, i want to use the remote of the nexus's card. The cable remote control is connected to the card. Please I will be apreciate yours answers.

Thanks

Gabriel

Does the remote work with the original application from Technotrend / hauppauge?

If so, try an older version of ProgDVB, like 4.62.6, and compare.
And if this also does not work, try to teach in all keys. The SS1 Premium cards can come with one of two different handsets, that use different key codes. Which is it, the small black one or the bigger silver one?
The black one should work with default settings, normally.

If the handset also won't work with the original software, it or the receiver unit may be bad. If the handset is suspected to fail, hold it very close to the ferrite or loop antenna of an AM radio, tuned to the lower end. Each key pressed should create a typical noise then, else that thing is gone.
You can also try a Philips TV (compatible) remote handset instead, as the SS1 use the most common Philips TV brand and device code. Vice versa, the Technotrend handset works with many Philips (compatible) TVs, for the main functions, like Power ("Radio" key), Mute and Volume. The black one even for numbers and more.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

hey dont say that, i tried everything, change the card of PCI port, reinstalled the driver, and its still whitout working, the remote dont work whit the original software of the card,its DIgital Tv, by the way , that software is a shit. And when I plugged the wire of the remote to his port, i put my tongue in the receiver and the stream is circulating. The remote is the silver one, has 35 buttons.

Do you have a radio with an AM tuner and suitable antenna, even built-in?
Cheap clock radios and portable devices are fine, but even HiFi tuners normally come with loop or ferrite AM antennas.
Try as mentioned above, eventually compare with any other remote handset you have.

Normally, the handset IR emitter diode produces a pulsed magnetic field, caused by the pulse current it draws, on any key pressed, that would cause a typical sound in the whole lower AM range (between stations). Go very close to the AM antenna.

If not giving any result, but another handset would, the IR emitter is not working, for what reason ever. Bad batteries or something broken inside, like some bad soldering. A pin of the X-tal or IR diode come of.

Then get a pre-programmed universal handset, try the existing Philips TV codes. Around five of maybe eight possible codes should work, some way. Then teach all still failing (TV) keys into ProgDVB controls. VCR controls never work this way.
Controls must be unique.

This is the best advice I can give as an experienced TV mechanic...

BTW, licking on electrical contacts will cause fast corrosion, due to acid and salts in the saliva.
Clean that thing fast, then apply a tiny amount of pure Vaseline.

The receiver unit does not have any energy source inside, so your tongue will only have sensed the chemical process of starting corrosion.

Don't ever do this again :roll:
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>