Are mpeg2 hardware encoder used by progdvb

Hi all,
I searched the forum without successfully answering my question:
cards like Hauppauge HVR 1300 and higher, pinnacle PCTV hybrid pro have a mpeg2 hardware encoder built in.
Does ProgDVB make use of this hardware encoder or does it rely on the elecard software mpeg2 encoder? will it appear in the properties of the card?

Now I have a card with software encoder and the quality is not that great.

thanks in advance for your answer.

HVR and mentioned above pinnacle are dual cards DVBS/T/C (depending on model) and analog tuner built in
The analog tuner part is equipied with hardware MPEG2 encoder same for Hauppauge PVR models (analog tuner with hardware MPEG2 encoder)

I tested ProgDVB with PVR 150 and it did not work not sure if it will work with other analog cards wich output mpg2 stream
VISTA ULTIMATE x64 Polish 4GB/8GB of ram
GForce GTX 280 Newest beta drivers from Nvidia Web (7.15.117813)
TechniSat SkyStar HD with TechnoTrend S2-3200 (BDA) drivers (5.0.0.19 dated 2008-03-04)
1,2m Dish DSQC 1.0 swich 2 converters pointed at HotBird and Astra
no plugins installed so far

Thanks for your answers, so the encoder from the PVR-150 does not work! :cry:
I ordered the HVR-1300, so once I get it I will tell you if the hardware encoder works with the analog input or if a software encoder is required.

A hardware encoder might work with the analogue module. May, not must, as this depends on the way(s) it sends the output. And those are various.
As an example, my FAST AVMaster, professional video editing hardware, does NOT work, due to MJPEG encoding in plain hardware. Resulting streams can be used in VfW (Win9x), but nowhere else. No DirectShow.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>