Intel CE9500 DVB-T scanning problem

Hi all - first post here :)

I've been using ProgDVB for a while now to watch channels using my USB DVB-T dongle. I've recently had this really annoying problem that i can't find a way around.

ProgDVB stopped receiving all channels and stations. I could select the channel from the window on the left but no video or sound came through. The signal strength meter was at 100% and the quality didn't show a number at all (usually 30-60%).

I decided to delete all the channels from the list and search for channels again. It scanned in half a second (usually nowhere near that quick) and picked no channels up at all.

I decided to un-install the software and install the newer 6.02.01 version which did the same. I then un-installed the driver (Device Manager -> Un-install "Intel CE9500 DVB-T Receiver"), unplugged it, restarted and plugged it back in again. Windows found it, installed it and everything was still the same. I also tried installing the drivers off the CD again.

I also tried using "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1" in command prompt and show hidden devices in Device manager and removed any DVB looking bits such as "BDA IPSink" and "BDA Slip De-framer".

I also have tried BlazeDTV which came with the DVB-T receiver. It did the same; incredibly fast scanning with 100% Strength and 0% Quality.

I have tried the receiver in my laptop which worked on BlazeDTV so that rules out it being faulty. I usually run it through a powered USB hub but it didn't work plugged straight into the computer either.

The only major thing i've done recently is enable my motherboard's on-board audio (AC97) and run it along side my Creative Audigy so i've got 2 separate sound out put (won't bore you with the reason why). I've tried un-installing the AC97 driver and disabling it again in the BIOS but no difference. I guess it's driver issue.

I'm out of ideas and would appreciate any help. :? TIA.

PC Specs
Windows XP Professional SP3
3GB RAM, AMD Athlon x2 3800+, Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe.

Intel CE9500 DVB-T Receiver
Driver provider: IntelCorp
Driver Date: 29-11-2007
Driver Version: 2.0.0.0
Firmware Revision: 01.00