Confirmed.

I have also changed my PC monitor for a 16:9 model recently, and the SkyStar1TT.Device does not allow to switch the hardware decoder to play out 16:9 for the computer screen.
Tested many ProgDVB versions from 3.x to recent 6.x ones, no difference.
16:9 for the hardware video out works fine.

Both my screens, TV and PC monitor, are FullHD now.
And SD signals off my Nexus look better than ever, apart from video overlay aspect ratio in ProgDVB...

The original software Technotrend 2.19h works fine with 16:9 computer screens. And AltDVB 2 does.
And even HispaDVB does this, after some adjustments.
WTVP 2.23 fails like ProgDVB.

BTW, I would be really glad, if not just a future version of ProgDVB and SkyStar1TT.Device could be fixed for this, but 4.75 as well, for me the best working version ever for true hardware mode...
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

good news now its work :D

but work only when i right click in the screen and select aspect ratio and select free

but not work when i select 16:9 :shock:

and work only for the active channel when i change channel its beck to normal aspect ratio i must again select free

Could not test for myself yet.
What version did you test, exactly?

Basically, if you are right, just allow me to declare, computer monitor aspect ratio is not a subject of the channel selected, as the channel is not supposed to reshape hardware...
So, from my point of view, such a way of AR switching should not be used for hardware related adapting. Else better name it a quick and dirty hotfix...

I will test the latest version here, once I find the time.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86

Auf Deutsch:

i test the latest version ProgDVB v6.23.1
its by accident that i select free in ProgDVB v6.23.1 in the passte when i test the old ver i select 16:9 so my be its work too

here some screen :

first by defaut its auto so not work 16:9
here when i select 16:9 the same not work
here when i select free its work

Are you sure, you are really getting this picture from the Nexus' hardware decoder???

I've tested some moments ago, and I am NOT getting any hardware decoder picture on the computer screen with 6.23.1.
Neither overlay nor surface give anything else than black screen. TV out is working fine.
Using non-PCI-e driver 2.19h here. Normally still using 4.x versions here, as I still insist in plain hardware decoding, no CPU load wanted... Deinterlacing is done by my DVI/HDMI connected PC monitor, SD picture quality is as good as the transmissions would allow. No post processing or beautification wanted by me, an experienced TV mechanic...
Don't have any codecs installed on my lean XP SP3 system.
No use for extra heat caused and resources and electricity / money wasted away, for what my DVB hardware was meant to do this all alone.

Means, for now, this seems to be the end of the story for me here.
Othe DVB apps are still doing fine with my hardware, like older versions of ProgDVB are, except of the PC screen AR issue mentioned.

Dissatisfied

Juergen
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

Tested again, now on Win2000 SP4 instead.
Now it works exactly as you told, in true HW mode here.

Stupid XP / XP Radeon drivers :roll:
Will have some hard talk with my XP Pro SP3 occasionally, for sure :twisted:

However, 6.23.1 does not initiate the SS1 device to 16:9 properly (both HW video out and PC screen overlay), always starts with 4:3 letterbox, though the device dialog shows 16:9 letterbox = none, as selected. Have to enter device settings and confirm, to make it work as selected.

Teletext still is not working here.
Still no HW OSD.
Still no HW playout of recordings, only ActiveMovie, which I really don't need ProgDVB for.
Still no return to TV after playing a file.

So for me, everything after 4.75 still is beta style.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

Seems, Prog managed to set the hardware decoder / DSP to 16:9 for the computer screen, without changing firmware or SS1 device file, just by a software command.

Repeating myself, monitor AR is not supposed to change at runtime.
Just video AR possibly may, like back to 4:3 transmissions on some stations. But those are losing relevance more and more.

One more limitation:
Using the "Aspect" control (V key) does NOT change the black borders, nor does AR switching from video screen context menu. Have to maximize, to make borders disappear.
So using the /V argument as a start parameter is useless (here).

This for here my idea:

Seems, we are in need for a simple plugin, that would be able to trigger that AR hardware switch at ProgDVB start time.
This would then address HW / driver directly.
Depending on the way this was made, it should be possible, to use this on any older version of ProgDVB, too.
And this would be a real benefit for anyone, who's still in favor of the better hardware support of older versions (and / or even an old OS).
This subject is definitely hardware specific, but for heavens sake should not depend on ProgDVB version.

Mixing up HW AR settings with the DirectShow stuff seems to be a not that good idea, as this is completely different from device controls, causing Prog extra work and possible confusion...

So this is for Prog and all plugin authors:
Please think about a small extra tool, platform independent, that could switch computer screen AR like the device controls do it for video out.
If not possible, perhaps a modified loader might do the job, like ProgDVBLauncher did for some other needs.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch: