Twinhan 1020a - no sound / video

Just installed ProgDVB 6.42.1 x64 trial to a Win 7 PC with Twinhan 1020a DVB-S card and latest Twinhan BDA drivers V 1.2.3.8. Selected generic BDA Source in Prog (with Twinhan source behavior is the same). The program can normally scan channels of a selected sat, with high L and Q. But when I click on any of the scanned channel, the channel switcher shows up in picture window, but there is no sound and picture. Changing and installing more codecs doesn't help. The same card works OK in Win XP SP3 with WDM drivers and another viewer. It also worked with previous Prog version and the same BDA drivers in Win 7. I tried to run it with /debug option (C:\Program Files\ProgDVB\ProgDvbNet.exe /debug), but when I close it there is no Prog....log file on the HD. What can be the cause of "No video / audio" and how to fix?

Also, linked from the Prog site Elecard plugin installs into Program Files (x86) folder in Win 7, but doesn't show up in ProgDVB Plugins. Any way to fix? ProgDVB installs into Program Files folder and seems to run as 64-bit application, which is hard to check anyway. :)
Last edited by zamarac23 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Attachments
Log Picture.jpg

Re: Twinhan 1020a - no sound / video

What can be the reason for no traffic? Why there is no ProgDVB log file too? I have a second card installed on the PC - DVB-S/S2 Prof 7301, also with BDA drivers, and it works, but at time looses lock despite signal L=70 and Q=100. I have to click the Lock button in ProgDVB and then rescan the TP. Why does it happen?

When Twinhan was working properly before, the Prof card drivers weren't installed yet. May be the card drivers conflict - is there a way to fix that? Is there a workaround to install the Twinhan with WDM drivers in Win 7?

Re: Twinhan 1020a - no sound / video

To give some update, Twinhan 1020a works OK in Win7 x64 with 828 BDA drivers V1.2.3.8, if you select less then 4 Gb RAM for system to use in Boot - Advanced options, while running msconfig.exe from Run Dialog in Win7. The same card works OK with 4+ Gb of RAM with the same drivers in Vista x64. But selecting Vista Compatibility Mode when installing the drivers in Win7 x64 doesn't help.

Anyone knows Twinhan OEM customers, who were procuring Twinhan 1020a and then selling under own labels with own custom drivers? Since Twinhan company is long gone, I wonder if some of updated OEM drivers can be used instead and will work OK in Win7 x64 with 4+ Gb of RAM?