BDA settings possible improvement

As i signaled in earlier posts, i have a problem on satellite scan on my Skystar HD (with BDA drivers), when the scan progress just hangs, the scanning ending with "Device not found".
I traced the problem back to the fact that the symbol rate is to small for some transponders for the given hardware.
Removing these transponders solves the problem (somewhere around 3500kS/s).

Now my proposal: In the BDA properties dialog in TV sources, is it possible to have a checkbox for limiting the minimal symbol rate, with a field for manual inputting a SR value, separate for DVB-s and DVB-S2, so the transponder with lesser value shall not be scanned?
This would be a generic solution for any similar problem on any hardware with BDA support.

Thank you,
Marius
ProgDVB Pro, registered, of course.

Re: BDA settings possible improvement

Hello,

Normally such a SR limitation is PC hardware related. If you have it at LNB level, for a 16 LNB diseqc 1.1 setup, you have to set it 16 times :-) And it could be ok for one specific LNB unless there appears a new transponder witk low SR, and than you have the problem back...

So in my opinion it still belongs to TV Sources->(BDA tuner instance)->properties, where you have the Demultipexer, ITuner requests and SR in kilo-symbols options.
(Maybe we are talking about the same thing...)

Just my opinion...

Thank you,
Marius

Re: BDA settings possible improvement

Hi Prog,

I don't think it should be there - sorry for contradicting you :-) but my system requirement job makes me turn it on all sides...
If you have 2 hardwares in the system, one could be ok and the other with the problem - and in the "other" section it is a global setting (or you put in a list which is a much to big change for something which is working well).

These settings are specific to a single device, and as far as i know, the only place is in the BDA driver instance in TV sources...

Regards,
Marius