DISEqC 1.2 motor module for DVB cards

Hello all!!!

This module created for work with DISEqC 1.2 motors in ProgDVB. Work on TT Budget, TT Premium cards and Twinhan. SS2 dont work :(

To use module copy him into Modules directory. Now module have only russian locale, but soon will released multilang version.

Great thanks any ideas and bug report!!!
Last edited by oNe3 on Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://forum2.progdvb.com/viewtopic.php?t=31]DISEqC 1.2 module for ProgDVB[/url]

The module was updated to version 1.2.0.0

Now module have two language english and russian.

Great thanks any ideas and bug report!!!
Last edited by oNe3 on Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://forum2.progdvb.com/viewtopic.php?t=31]DISEqC 1.2 module for ProgDVB[/url]

Don't wanna get ridiculous, but do you think you can also support BDA driver? Due the fact that Vista is landing, more and more cards will switch to BDA.

Greetings
Tom

The module was updated to version 1.4.0.0

Fixed many bugs and rebuild interface
Last edited by oNe3 on Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Will this work with DISEqC 1.0 comliant cards as SSHD and can sent 1,2 commands throught them to move actuator to more than 4 possitions of 1,0?

Diseqc 1.0 don't have more than four positions...
To switch Diseqc with many ports (>4) this module work on 100%. Set position for needed satellites and have fan :)

Disecq12 modules and western satellite data

Please advice.
On Disecq12 user interface window the pull down menu doesn’t give any information for western hemisphere. I would like to point at satellites located from Hispasat at 30, 0 deg west all the way to Galaxy 10R at 123.0 deg W. I could have the dish moved manually but I miss the transponders frequency and data for scanning.
Presently I am using Progdvb 4.853
Could be possible I am using wrong Progdvb version? I had tried with other versions and I am getting the same result.

Thanks in advance,
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated
:)

Generally, DVB applications want to have degrees East (of Greenwich, England).
So simply calculate 360 - West = East.
For hispasat, which I'm also receiving from here, it's 360°(full circle) - 30°(W) = 330°(E).
Therefore, you have to select the transponder list 3300.ini for it (names are 10ths of degrees East).

This should - but not must - be the same for plugins, but as I'm 'only' using multifeed and DisEqC 1.0 over here, I've never tested.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Need more advice on module setup procedure

Please advice,
I am quiet a bit confused with how to set up Diseqc 1.2 module.
Following the instruction attached to the program I did the following:
Open Settings and put check mark on Autodrive, Retune on select transponder for moving step or seconds and left unchecked the three other remaining settings
Then I proceed to enter my Longitude and Latitude accordingly to my city of Toronto Canada witch is 79 23 W and 43 39 N. Because I don’t find an option for West or East so that made me assumed that all west values are 36-(my west location) 79 23 resulting on a value of 280. 77 witches I entered on USALS setting coordinates.
On latitude settings I just enter my values of 43 39 event dough I don’t see setting for north or south. Am I doing something wrong up to this point?

After closing the setting window I proceeded to set up my first eastern satellite witch is Hispasat but on the pull down menu I don’t see any satellites located over western hemisphere.
The list start at 0030 Telecom 2A all the way to 1130 Koreasat 2, Palapa C2 and them following the 3355 Intelsat 603 to 3590 Thor 2/3 Intelsat 10-02 .

I thing I am setting the program wrong when it comes to my coordinates resulting on not seeing the western satellites. Could be that my problem?

Any help would be grated appreciate.
Thanks for your response

Please allow one more set of questions from me, though I'm not using any motor drive:

Do you get any satellite positions already?
Specially, anything as close as possible to ~ 80°W = 240°E, your true south? Is that the default position your motor is set to?

When driving manually, do you also get signals from satellites close to your east and west limits?
Means, are you sure, your pole / rotor / dish combination is aligned properly to strictly follow the clarke belt?
Do you have a suitable STB to test that with?
Or at least a cheap (but level adjustable) satellite finder in line, to show signals without having to know transponder data?

We have to find out, if your problems are ProgDVB related or not. In the first case only, we could try to continue here, else you should check in at dvbn.happysat.org
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86

Auf Deutsch:

Diseqc Module setup issues

Hello Juergen,
I will detail my setup so it would be easy for you to understand what I am might doing wrong when it comes to get ProgDVB working with my motor.
My set up is as follow:
85 cm Fortec dish attached to Fortec Stabb 90HH motor using Invacom Quad Pollar QPH-031.
After I had aligned the dish using AMC 5 at 79.0 (281 deg) as my southern satellite I proceeded to connect the dish to my SV-4000 STB receiver. On the STB setup menu every satellite has its independent set up LNB option what allowed me to match every respective sat accordingly to the Invacom LNB connector being circular or lineal polarization using respective pulse for the 22 KHz switch (port 1 pulse off for CP and port 2 pulse on for LP) .
After setting up my USALS coordinates on the STB was easy to find all satellites and I had retuned the dish on my eastern sat witch is at 30W deg Hispasat 1C and my western sat Galaxy 10R at 123 deg west achieving maximum quality level.
After I was satisfied with the way the STB worked I connected the antenna system to my Desktop computer WinTV Nexus-S card. For my disappointment I could not get ProgDVB to work with my motor.
Using the motor stepping button on Diseqc module I can have the dish move manually west or east but because I have not satellites assign I can’t do scanning. As I mentioned before I don’t fine on Diseqc module set up menu none of the western satellites.
That is why I am afraid I am making mistakes during my ProgDVB set up
It is not clear for me how to set up the LNBs on PRogDVB-Settings-Diseqc (not Diseqc module) if I am using a motor.
I would think that I don’t suppose to do any setup on PRogDVB-Settings-Diseqc menu and I assign satellites only on Diseqc Module menu (Witch do not provide me with my western list of satellites). I also found my self confuse how I should setup Diseqc Module menu to be used with Invacom double LNB and the 22khz switch afor two different LNBs settings (10750 for Lineal Polarity and 11250 for Circular polarity).
On Diseqc module I only see settings for four port Diseqc switch and not LNB’s LOF settings.

Please advise details of how I should proceed with program setup accordingly to my conditions.

Once again thanks for your time and support,
Graddy

Basically this reads, as if you're using the 22kHz signal to specify between LNBs (linear / circular.
So, from my point of view, you should add a switch in ProgDVB, DiSEqC settings, set it's properties for a 22kHz position switch. Add an LNB on each inputs, set the parameters there.
Then you can coordinate transponder lists with each LNB.

Keep in mind, transponder list names are derived from East degrees convention, multiplied by ten.
As an example:
hispasat is at 30°W. That's 360 - 30 = 330 °E.
The list's name for this one is 3300.ini therefore.

For AMC5 at 79°W this is 281°E --> 2810.ini

Use Windows Explorer and look into the transponders sub folder, your editor to look into files.

ProgDVB needs that transponder lists for scanning.
And it has to know how to handle the LNB in use, to calculate the tuner settings for a transponder. This for the LNB parameters are very important.
On the tuner input, there are no satellite frequencies anymore, as the LNB down converts to L / S band, so the software has to know the way that conversion is done, mathematically.

All just theory, of course, as I don't have that kind of an LNB here, nor any DiSEqC motor.
And planet intransparency keeps me away from using your birds...

BTW, for NA related details, check in at dvbn.happysat.org
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch: