API to schedule recordings into progDVB

Hi,

We have been busy developing rule based TV scheduling software, and would like to add support for it to control ProgDVB as a recorder. We already did this for other popular pvr systems, but would like to include progDVB as well since it is very well functioning and stable.

Before getting into details I have the following questions before we could start :

1) Is there an API we can talk to, to schedule recordings into progDVB ?

2) When more cards are available in my system, can I control (through that API) on which card progDVB will record a certain recording ? (We need this to do appropriate conflict handling)

Thanks for your feedback and support.

Perhaps you should contact Prog directly, as he takes care of all programming related issues here.
E-mail at the bottom of each page here.
Use either simple English or Russian.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Probably not.
The scheduler is an internal component, this for it's communication with the other nuts and bolts of ProgDVB is not using an open interface.
And Prog can change things at any time.
So even reverse engineering or try-and-error won't help on the long term.

So it seems, using the command line is the only way, to control ProgDVB from outside. Similar to Windows Scheduler, for example. But make sure to always send just one command at a time, no chained arguments unless specified in CMD line help.
One more, if (mis)using internal files of ProgDVB, keep in mind, ProgDVB won't re-read those automatically. At run time most components reside in RAM. That's the main reason why command line is first choice anyway, by this forcing ProgDVB to recognize.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86

Auf Deutsch:

Juergen wrote:Probably not.
So it seems, using the command line is the only way, to control ProgDVB from outside.
And this commandline command options are documented somewhere ?
Are there any plans to open this control with an API to external progs ?

thanks for your reply

Settings --> Controls (--> CMD line help)
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch: