Server Client Problem.

I did exactly what Silencer described but I still do not see the channel on the client. On the server I see the client in the clients list. There is traffic (431bytes/s) on the server and the client. When I click on channel list on client it does get a good connection to the server and looks like it is retreiving all the channels but I do not see any channels on the listing page.

Can some one please help me with this problem.

I just realized by looking at the screenshots, you guys have traffic in 900000+ bytes/sec. It only shows as 431 bytes/sec on mine. How do I increase the traffic speed.

thanks
Hugo

It only shows as 431 bytes/sec on mine.
Then there is no good connection...and nearly no data goes over the lan....

maybe a router beetween...or general lan problems...

hello,
i have problems with the Media Client.
I follow the instruction to create a Server/Client and i can change the channel on the server, but i have no Audio/Video on the Client.
On the Client in : \progdvb\filters i dont have a ´register.bat´
What can i do ?

Ich have the Elecard Edition and this files are in
\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Elecard
not in \ProgDVB\Filters
and there is also no register.bat

i have create a register.bat and execute it but on the client is no effect.
I can change the channels on the server but there is no Audio/Video on the Client

Streaming ok with one PC, not ok with another PC

hi,

i don't have any idea what else to try.

Lan 100MB, 3 PCs:

PC1: Hauppauge DVB-C, NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000,
Progdvb 4.85.3, Driver Sky Star1 Hard Mode, TV on screen ok, Streaming into LAN ok with Progdvb and VLC

PC2: Hauppauge NOVA-S-Plus (DVB-S), Radeon 9600,
Progdvb 4.85.3, Driver BDA Hauppauge WinTV 88x ..., TV on screen ok, Streaming does not work anyway.

PC3: Laptop to view TV

As there are different Channellists für Progdvb I tried with VLC with command "tcp://LANIP:10999"

Viewing stream from PC1 is ok on alle the three PCs including PC2
Viewing stream from PC2 never works - even locally

- PC1 and PC2 are most identical, only TV-cards and graphic adapters are different
- Progdvb reinstalled a few times on PC2
- on PC2 settings für "Prog MEdia Server options" are identical to the example above - values for the field "Traffic" is shown

Anyone with any idea?
Thank you
Alexander

Re: Streaming ok with one PC, not ok with another PC

AlexanderF wrote:hi,

i don't have any idea what else to try.

Lan 100MB, 3 PCs:

PC1: Hauppauge DVB-C, NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000,
Progdvb 4.85.3, Driver Sky Star1 Hard Mode, TV on screen ok, Streaming into LAN ok with Progdvb and VLC

PC2: Hauppauge NOVA-S-Plus (DVB-S), Radeon 9600,
Progdvb 4.85.3, Driver BDA Hauppauge WinTV 88x ..., TV on screen ok, Streaming does not work anyway.

PC3: Laptop to view TV

As there are different Channellists für Progdvb I tried with VLC with command "tcp://LANIP:10999"

Viewing stream from PC1 is ok on alle the three PCs including PC2
Viewing stream from PC2 never works - even locally

- PC1 and PC2 are most identical, only TV-cards and graphic adapters are different
- Progdvb reinstalled a few times on PC2
- on PC2 settings für "Prog MEdia Server options" are identical to the example above - values for the field "Traffic" is shown

Anyone with any idea?
Thank you
Alexander
Hello,

a very simple reason could be a firewall blocker.

please check windows firewall too.

MKH

no audio/video, but a lot of traffic

Hi all,

I'm having the same problem with the home version of the media server/client. I am able to change the channels on progdvb from the client on the server (the channel is switched and shown there, on server), but at the client side I don't get any image but what I do get is a lot of traffic, which is shown in progdvb and on my trafficmeter.
I have a direct cable between the two computers (pc<-utp->laptop) and they both run the exact same version of progdvb5.
It's not a codec error cause when I connect the usb tv stick to my laptop it does show the channel.
What I was thinking, maybe it's the fact that there are multiple tv channel on one broadcasting channel?

Please let me know if you have a sollution:)

Thanks in advance!