Please Help with Client / Server Setup

Hi Guys, I was wondering if you could please help I have a USB Sat Card plugged into to my pc. I have everything working fine on this PC and have installed Prog Media Server. My aim is to be able to watch channels on the server from another house using the ip address. ( I will look into how to setup a static ip a bit later ).
I've followed a guide on here and used port 10999.
I've also gone into my router and opened these ports.

On a remote machine I can go to the ip address and I get a list of channels on the server in firefox. I have now installed ProgDVB on the remote machine and I can sometimes get a list of full channels when I do a scan on the remote ip address. When I try and play any channel I get error connection failed. Is there anything else I need to do to setup the client? Can anyone provide any advice where I've gone wrong?

Re: Please Help with Client / Server Setup

Hi guys here is an update
On I have Small/Pro Prog DVB Server I have double checked network interfaces in client and server options. I am only given two options for network interface this is either 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.10 (which is my server machine so I have picked this). I have also tried the following:

1) Disabled windows firewall (allowed Prog DVB in firewall rules)
2) Disabled Broadband Firewall rule (allowed prog dvb through port forwarding)
3) When I use an online port checker it says my port 10999 is open and is working fine.
4) I have tried putting server in DMZ
5) Disabled antivirus

On the client machine I have the full channel list but still not getting any picture in ProgDvb, I am getting "Error Connection". I have
1) disabled windows firewall
2) disabled router firewall on this machine.
3) I have tried putting client in DMZ and still does not work.

If the client machine is connected to the 192.168 network I can get a picture no problem. But when I connect the client machine to my friends network no picture works.

When I open the channel list guide on firefox using the public ip (151.X.X.X:10:999) I can see all the channels but when I click on a channel it points to (http://192.168.0.10:10999/ch/5%20usa.m3u) for example...is there something wrong here? should the IP not be the public ip?
in my case 151.X.X.X:10999ch/5%20usa.m3u)

Any ideas guys? I am really running out of ideas and have spent 7 days on this. I have also read the prog media server instruction guide and googled lots.

desi121 wrote:When I open the channel list guide on firefox using the public ip (151.X.X.X:10:999) I can see all the channels but when I click on a channel it points to (http://192.168.0.10:10999/ch/5%20usa.m3u) for example...is there something wrong here? should the IP not be the public ip?
It is shout be public IP and public port (you must open this port on your router and value must be not same).
Also provider can close this port.

Prog wrote:
desi121 wrote:When I open the channel list guide on firefox using the public ip (151.X.X.X:10:999) I can see all the channels but when I click on a channel it points to (http://192.168.0.10:10999/ch/5%20usa.m3u) for example...is there something wrong here? should the IP not be the public ip?
It is shout be public IP and public port (you must open this port on your router and value must be not same).
Also provider can close this port.
I know what the issue is! Why is it not explained clearly Prog Media Server is only for LAN and does not work on the internet!!!!

Please can you explain why Internet Gate Server is not included in the latest version of Prog?

I have downloaded the old version of ProgDVB and tried to setup Internet Gate Server. I can change channel from the client to the server but I get no picture on the client, I've checked codecs and ensured I have the same version. Also checked encoding options on server still no picture. I also cannot not play any IPTV feed on the old version of Prog. When I update the client to the latest version of prog IPTV works fine but of course I cannot connect to the Internet Gate Server!!! as there are no settings in the latest version of Prog to do a channel search through the internet gate server