What kind of driver does it use, old style WDM or BDA?
What's the name of your device in ProgDVB, exactly?

What OS do you use?

What bird(s) are you on, do you use any kind of position switching?

Do you get any error messages?

What happens if you try to tune a proven valid transponder manually, with exactly the same parameters as the original soft uses for it?

Details rule...
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

re Volar usb

Thanks, I will look.
However, I find it hard to figure out the answers.
I installed the cd that came with the Thing.
The select menu in ProgDvb hade some AverTV devices, but not exactly mine.
So I left "BDA device or box" on...
A rewiever wrote that this exact product did have BDA drivers.
However the guys that sold me the card said these drivers may conform to the BDA standard, without anybody ever explicitly stating this fact on the manufacturers web.

The Thing is supposed to work with Win.Media Edition and is certified for it AFAIK...so the only driver there is should be bDA...I will be grateful if I get a tipoff as to how to confirm this fact fully.
==One off to"pic, but urgent
I have until tomorrow to return the card on day of purchase...I bought a USB, for a small ATX form factor multimedia living room PC.
I would prefer PCI, but I want the PCI slot for my ESI Juli@ sound card.
Could anbyody qualified here advise me, if the tiny USB toys are in any important aspect inferior, to the larger PCI cousins? Or will a USB deliver the same picture, decoding quality?
Otherwise, I am quite amazed by this toy. Remote control and all...Its own software is almost ok, just sume buttons not visible, on the GUI, some cretinisms in terms of ergonomy here and there.

Picture quality depends on codec and renderer, not on what device delivers the streams.

USB2 devices are as good as PCI based ones, and regarding satellite, they may even be better, if equipped with their own nice power supply unit. PCI bus power is quite limited, resulting in possible trouble with some switches on multiple LNB systems.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>