I don't have an English Windows version over here.
This for I can't tell you the names of system control items precisely.
On German Windows it's like 'Device Manager', what I am referring to:

On every windows version there is a system control item in hardware section, that allows to display a list of all hardware devices, show their state and properties and more.
Make sure, your device is not carrying a question mark or any other trouble tag on it's icon there. Else it can't work anyway.

If you are getting some signals at least, of any kind, your hardware should be working.

Even name captures and stream IDs on a scan are taken from truly received signals ;)
You will find this data inside of the channel properties afterwards.
You can (re)scan the full spectrum, or a single transponder, or just update a station from it's channel properties.

Only the full scan will enable you to delete not found stations semi-automatically.
If not found on a transponder scan, old stored stations won't change parameters.
If updated from channel properties and nothing found, relevant IDs would drop to zero for it.

You can validate IDs on satcodx.com pages, for one or a few main stations, easily.

If scanned IDs are good, the related streams are basically available (though a temporal station may still be inactive right now).
If not, post details.

Normal (SD) TV stations always have a video ID and at least one audio ID.
Radio stations normally don't have video IDs, Data channels don't even have audio IDs. That's how they are getting identified.

In ProgDVB, TV and Radio stations have separate DirectShow settings for codecs.

Even without (working) codecs, you would be able to record from stations, verifying by watching file size growth and by playback on a suitable player afterwards. And if existing, EPG window resp. Now/Next in status bar and TXT will even work then (but might be scrambled on some providers).

Try to go systematical. Getting audio and video comes last on error analysis, not first.
You won't bridle a horse from it's back, or would you ?
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

You're absolutely right. I scan and find 699 channels, some serius and other radio stations. have been able to randomly listen to SOME radio stations and have gotten video twice but it's strange because i cant always listen to the same channel again. i got a message telling me to uninstall all drivers and reinstall using only the mytheatre drivers and it shuld work. i'll try it as soon as I get home. also can anyone point me in the right direction toward an understandable D+ plugin/softcam updating tutorial or something?

Thanks
Pete

D+ can not be done with any plugin anymore since the recent change to Nagra 3.
Possibly you could get an occasional short picture, but for sure no more than that.

However, we don't discuss software decrypting plugins here.
There are other places for this, like DVBN.

Here we can only discuss FTA or legal use of original subscriptions.

Watching PayTV without a valid subscription is illegal.
i got a message...
Where from ???
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86

Auf Deutsch:

I pay for dish network service, isn't it ok to decrypt channels you already pay for? anyway thank you for the info. i'm still working on the video and sound deal. i need to find a good FTA bird. it sucks because i have to drag the ladder out there and i'm setting it u up the stairs on my patio :roll: ,i mean i'm used to working on a ladder but man...

isn't it ok to decrypt channels you already pay for?
..depends on your license contract.

Anyway, we cannot test on your birds over here in Europe, due to a planet in between...
If I remember well, the NASA channel is FTA.
However, you will find a nice NA related section at dvbn.happysat.org
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

Ok, so I reinstalled the card using the BDA drivers that came with mytheatre but now progDVB crashes on startup. also I aimed my dish now at Galaxy 10R and cannot find a signal. I used my compass and subtracted 14.3 for magnetic declination. i aimed it the same way I had aimed it at Echostar 7 but nothing. is my dish network dish 500 not good large enough or what? is it bird specific? another thing is when aimed at Echostar 7 I was never able to actually watch NASA or any other unencrypted channels as I can remember. I am experimenting with DreamDVB not sure exactly where to go next.

Pete

Once again, we can't test your birds from Europe.
PLEASE don't ask the president of the USA to remove that annoying planet, as he might indeed try to...

DVBN surely is the better place for this, as I already told you.
Also for other software than ProgDVB, and plugins, special transponder lists for DN proprietary LNBs and alike, of course....

And YES, dish size matters. Compare footprints for birds and your location, e.g. on lyngsat.com

The compass is far from precise enough for dish aligmnent, so is the magnetic aberration, as it's getting influenced by big metallic components, buildings, ground matter and it's humidity, for example.
You will at least need a cheap sat finder for this.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

Hello,

I have an old Twinhan Vision (Xact, BT878) DVB-S card and also a new Skystar 2 (only for trys) in my PC. The DTV-driver (DTV Audio / Video 2.4.1.1) is already and correct installed. The card works fine with MyTheatre 3.38 (except some interruptions, however, the same interruptions has my skystar 2 with My Theatre, the reason is probably a bug between My Theatre and Serial ATA). ProgDVB will only work with the Skystar 2.
The Twinhan card was started in the device list. Under the menu DiSEq the card is green and the correct satellite (192 Astra) is chosen. However, there is no signal from the LNB. thsource is already registered.
If I have switched from the twinhan-card to the Skystar 2 ProDVB works reliable. The Twinhan-card had worked with older versions from ProgDVB (3.??).
Does anyone has a solution or a hint? Where is it possible to download older versions from ProgDVB or an older twinhan-driver?

My operating system is Windows XP Sp2.
Thanks a lot,
es.ef

Re: .

Prog wrote:Modern version must work also over WDM driver.
Oh, sorry, my current version of ProgDVB is 4.84.2. I tried also with > 4.62.6, there was no better result. :cry:

es.ef wrote:Hello,

I have an old Twinhan Vision (Xact, BT878) DVB-S card and also a new Skystar 2 (only for trys) in my PC. The DTV-driver (DTV Audio / Video 2.4.1.1) is already and correct installed. The card works fine with MyTheatre 3.38 (except some interruptions, however, the same interruptions has my skystar 2 with My Theatre, the reason is probably a bug between My Theatre and Serial ATA). ProgDVB will only work with the Skystar 2.
The Twinhan card was started in the device list. Under the menu DiSEq the card is green and the correct satellite (192 Astra) is chosen. However, there is no signal from the LNB. thsource is already registered.
If I have switched from the twinhan-card to the Skystar 2 ProDVB works reliable. The Twinhan-card had worked with older versions from ProgDVB (3.??).
Does anyone has a solution or a hint? Where is it possible to download older versions from ProgDVB or an older twinhan-driver?

My operating system is Windows XP Sp2.
Thanks a lot,
es.ef
I have Visionplus1020 pci card. i would like to run Progdvb. I installed progdvb and reached at same stage as mentioned above. NO signal from LNB. when I scan channels, nothing locked. I think your situation is same as mine. Driver I got in device list is WDM. how to install BDA drive as mentioned earliar ( i got drive from Twinhan site).

I am in XP-SP2 with 1GB ram, P4
Enjoy while FTA.............

Twinhan 1020A (WDM & the thsource.ax) - This might work.

I have had this problem and for the life of me I have tried everthing! I have finally managed to get ProgDVB 6.03.02 to work, but it doesn't turn off power to the LNB on exit though. So I now have to manually do this with the help of: MyTheatre, Tools, Turn LNB Power off.

Here is how you do it. Uninstall your current ProgDVB! A fresh start is better.

Install ProgDVB 4.90.4Std or a previous version to your ProgDVB folder in the Program Files directory. During this installation you'll be asked to register the thsource.ax. Select this and it will register this file without any error message. Remember the older versions will give you the option of registering the thsource.ax. This is the key as the newer version don't.

I then reinstalled ProgDVB 6.03.02 over the older 4.90.4 version. Go to ProgDVB directory and then into the Modules directory. Delete all ".device" files EXCEPT for Twinhan, and leave all ".module" files.

Start ProgDVB, go to device and select the only device (Twinhan), then select the start button. It will then be shown as green after being recognized.

I then followed-up by correcting the transponders to only the satellite I suscribe to (1=12224000,V,20000000,-1,0,) as this didn't work either. Delete all other satellites you don't use. FYI, you can get updated satellite ini or and other type transponder file from joshyfun website.

Now it works, but the codecs are giving me problems, and the program freezes when I try to exit, and hence I need to use MyTheatre to power down the LNB. Also, DVBEPG won't populate, but at the very I can now use the program I purchased!

I hope this helps others to determine how to get the bugs fixed with this and the software corrected. Cheers.

My PC is Pentium4 3.23Ghz with 1.5Gig Ram, 300Gig HD, ATI 2600XT video card.
Twinhan VP1020A, 3.2 Ghz P4, 2G Ram, 74.5G HDD, 32" LCD Hyundai, My Theatre, DVB Dream, RitzDVB, ProgDVB, AltDVB