Uncommitted DiSEqC switch

Hi there,

I have a new 8-Port EMP-Centauri Profi Line DiSEqC switch (http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/diseqc-relais ... -w-v2.html) that are switched by sending it uncommitted DiSEqC signals. Like this:

Port0: Uncommitted 0
Port1: Uncommitted 1
Port2: Uncommitted 2
Port3: Uncommitted 3
Port4: Uncommitted 4
Port5: Uncommitted 5
Port6: Uncommitted 6
Port7: Uncommitted 7

I can't get it working with ProgDVB, but I used to have another 8-Port Digiality 8/1+1 DiSEqC (www.parabolshoppen.dk/shop/digiality-8-1%2b1-1888p.html) that worked like 2x4port in series. Like this:

Port0: Uncommitted 0 - Committed 0
Port1: Uncommitted 0 - Committed 1
Port2: Uncommitted 0 - Committed 2
Port3: Uncommitted 0 - Committed 3
Port4: Uncommitted 1 - Committed 0
Port5: Uncommitted 1 - Committed 1
Port6: Uncommitted 1 - Committed 2
Port7: Uncommitted 1 - Committed 3

and ProgDVB worked just fine with that, out of the box. I just had to add a DiSEqC 1.1 (16 ports) switch.

Any ideas on how to get my new EMP-Centauri to work?
Hauppauge HVR-4000, 8-port DiSEqC, (12.5W 1W 5E 10E 13E 16E 19.2E 28.2E)
Win7 64bit, 4GB RAM, 8800GT, Intel i7

Sorry, I have recently read through all the official DiSEqC specifications at
http://www.eutelsat.org/satellites/4_5_5.html
again, but I've never found an uncommitted (only) 8 port single stage switch being defined there.

DiSEqC does not provide any multi bit word controlled switching, even the selection of the four 1.0 ports uses two normally independent bits, first one for Position and second one for Option. 00=Port A, 01=B, 10=C, 11=D.
To provide a selection out of eight ports on the same switch stage, an additional bit would have to be used, which is not specified, but could surely be defined some way, like by use of raw commands. Question is - how exactly are they doing this on that switch...
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

I suppose I might be wrong about my assumption, but that's how I can make it switch in DVBDream, and the usual setup in ProgDVB didn't work.

I have verified that ProgDVB does work with my LNB setup and stuff. If I tell it not to use any DiSEqC and then start DVBDream first and switch to a specific satellite, then afterwards ProgDVB can scan/view chans on that satellite.

More infomation about my new DiSEqC can be found here:
hxxp://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?menuId ... ev=P.168-W

At the bottom part of the page there are two tables, I guess I've got the V2 software in my DiSEqC using Table 2. Is it possible to config ProgDVB to use Table 2 at all?
Hauppauge HVR-4000, 8-port DiSEqC, (12.5W 1W 5E 10E 13E 16E 19.2E 28.2E)
Win7 64bit, 4GB RAM, 8800GT, Intel i7

Well, the page tells, this device can be controlled either by DiSEqC 1.1 (uncommitted followed by committed) or by DiSEqC 1.2 goto commands (DiSEqC motor controls).
Obviously depends on the software version inside of it:
The unit is equipped with one of two software versions, V1 and V2.
If I understand this well, you don't have a choice, as only the software implemented decides, which method you have to use.

Now, I don't have a motor system here, but AFAIK ProgDVB can also control those.
Maybe you need a plugin / module for this, also depending on the ProgDVB version. Look at the modules and plugins page here, there are two available.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

I tried different plugins and modules and was not able to get that Disecq switch to work... It works well in mytheatre because it has the uncommited functions also raw commands.

Anybody has it set up with Progdvb?

Hi Juergen,

I have toroidal with 16 lnbs and EMP Centauri switch with 16/1 port.I tried again and again to activate Diseqc 1.1{16ports} in ProgDVB to use all lnbs but without success.What do you think it is best way to activate this function in ProgDVB?I'm using 6.04.1 Pro Trial version.

[quote=Prog]Hauppauge 4000? [/quote]

No,SkyStar 2 HD from TechnicSat!{BDA}TechniSat Mantis DVBS BDA Receiver.But I selected:Diseqc and providers/Switch and chosen 16 satellites!

i also have new diseq switch with uncommited mode input 1-8 but progdvb does not tune any satellit !!
diseq 1.1 mode in progdvb only works with commited mode !

is there any plugin to get it working ?? :(

here are some infos that i found on the web:

DiSEqC numbering scheme (hopefully I remembered correctly)
Committed(1.0) Committed 2-way(2.0)
Uncommitted(1.1) UnCommitted 2-way(2.1)

*Side note
with Committed 2-way(2.0), UnCommitted 2-way(2.1) the DiSeqC switch can send a confirmation signal back to the decoder saying changed ports.
Providing your decoder supports DiSeqC 2.0

Back to Committed and Uncommitted
You cannot put the same type on the same cable, you have to have them in the correct way around which is the Committed switch first then UnCommitted.
This is due to the switches having slightly different commands the commited switch will ignore the Uncommitted commands and pass them through.

Its all designed so supposedly you can have up to 16 lnbfs of one decoder.

DiSEqC = Digital Satellite Equipment Control, this was designed for FTA receivers.
DiSEqC switches come in 2 main flavors, Committed(1.0) and Uncommitted(1.1),
but also Committed 2-way(2.0) and UnCommitted 2-way(2.1).
Committed(1.0) switches are the most common and are what come with the receivers.

1.0 means your receiver can operate Committed switches ONLY,
1.1 means it can operate Committed AND UnCommitted switches,
1.2 means it can operate Committed and UnCommitted plus DiSEqC motor controls.
2.0 is the same as above,
2.0, 2.1, 2.2 but the receiver can also receive information back from the switch,
2.0 switches receive the pulse command from the receiver, then change ports,
they then send back a confirmation to the receiver, if a 2.0 receiver doesn't
receive the confirmation it will send the DiSEqC pulse again and again until the
switch confirms it is on the right port.

Putting 2 DiSEqC Committed switches on one cable is a no-no, which is why there are
Committed and UnCommitted types of switches, a Committed switch is placed first in
line (DiSEqC pulse comes from the receiver so first would be closest to the receiver),
then you can hookup an UnCommitted switch to the Committed switch, the Committed switch
will ignore the UnCommitted switches commands.

Re: .

Prog wrote:Can you give me sample of command? For example now ProgDVB send
0xE0,0x10,0x39,0xFx diseq 1.x
i only have uncommited switch menu for lnb 1-8 in mytheatre ...

where can i see these commands ??