ProgEdit and duplicate channels problem?

Well prehaps not a problem as such but it is a problem I cant work out how to solve. Using ProgEdit 2.04 by the way.

What I'm trying to do is to create channels lists for whatever providors and clear out what I dont want for each providor, eg radio, shopping channels ppv etc.

Then for the sake of wanting my final list sorted via providors I've had to edit the providor field. As many will probably know the providor id once scanned in via the listed transponders often (even after removing channels NOT part of a given providor I'm working on) has the providors listed as being there own providor tag rather than that of the package they are part of. Thus scanning in all the channels for 1 providor can often leave a list (to sort via providors in progdvb) of upto 20 providors. So quite a bit of manual editing is need.

I do of cause know that some channels could be part of several providors, MTV Networks is an example of this.

And taking the MTV channels as an example, when scanning them in for one providor and editing the providor field to that of a providor I'm working on, I originally thought that would be it sorted.

But more recently I've noticed that when another providor has the same channel listed as part of there package when I've again scanned it in for the next providor I'm working on etc. That the same channel from the last providor it was part of (after I edited the providor field) has dissapeared and showing in it's original providor id!.

Is there any way to stop this and leave a channel alone once the providor field had been edited so that I can say have MTV, BBC, Eurosport etc listed in every providor they are part of rather than just the last providor I'm working on?.

For my purpose un-clicking the "Can Update" box seems to work.

Now, just how important is the "Can Update" box being un-checked I have to ask myself?. As if channels like MTV hardly ever change the settings is it that big a deal?. Or even if they do I could surely goto the likes of King Of Sat and get the updated info there when a channel goes off and insert the changes manually to get it working again right?.

Or am I way off the mark in what the can update setting is for?.

Nope, that dont work either, well yes it does but in a reverse kind of way lol. Instead of having a given channel shared with other providors on the same sat (and same providor of cause) being in the last providor I'm scanning it's now only in the first scanned providors channel list!!!. And as I've un-checked "Can Update" whilst I can see the channel in the list once the transponder is scanned again for the next providor, it does'nt however store it again at it's original value as a duplicate channel.

I think I'm possably going about it the wrong way in all honesty. Prehaps I should be asking how (if it's possable) can I copy a channel from 1 providor to another providor, alter the providor and caption somewhat and have it stay there?.

Or simply put is any of this not possable if a channel is on the same transponder to be shared and listed a number of times through upto 4 providors?.

ProgEdit is still alive ?
ui - nice to see, that the tool is useable ;-)
well i'm the progger of tzhis tool.
But i can't understand your question.
in detail what do you want to do ?
(sorry for bad help file in ProgEdit, i know i havbe a lot of hidden functions inside which are not documented)

can somebody upload a brand new channellist (ASTRA + hotbird) of last ProgDVB version? incl. DVB-S2 channels ?

i had to look into the tool, to see if i must change something.

PLS: @admin - why i don't get an email if somebody is writing in a thread ?

Dave9946 wrote:For my purpose un-clicking the "Can Update" box seems to work.

Now, just how important is the "Can Update" box being un-checked I have to ask myself?. As if channels like MTV hardly ever change the settings is it that big a deal?. Or even if they do I could surely goto the likes of King Of Sat and get the updated info there when a channel goes off and insert the changes manually to get it working again right?.

Or am I way off the mark in what the can update setting is for?.
iuf you mark channels in ProgEdit "Can update" as disable, then the channel won't updated on a new scan in ProgDVB

"duplicate channels" how does it works ?
(if i remeber correct)
if satpos, frequence, LNB, POLar, symrate, sid are the same, then it is a "double channel".
the name or service, provider, network i don't check

is this ok - or do you like it in a different way ?