BDA Driver for Hauppauge DVB-T Mini USB-Stick

Hi ProgDVB User,

i' ve bought me a "Hauppauge DVB-T Mini USB-Stick". ProgDVB configure this Stick with a standard/basic BDA-driver "BDA- Hauppauge SMS1000 DVB-T Tuner". My problem: Some programs like "Pro7" works only in RGB colors. Has anybody the same problem? Can I use a alternate BDA Driver? Thanks for any support

Greets

mado

This is not supposed to be a driver related problem, as all the decoding is done outside of that tuner, in your CPU and / or graphics processing unit. Codecs are handling this, in the first place.

Anyway, what exactly do you mean by "RGB colors"??? By the meaning of the word, that's exactly what your graphics card is supposed to produce for the monitor, from any kind of visual content it shows...

If, in case, you want to describe a picture with fully saturated colours only, but no luminance component (B/W contrast) along, this is supposed to be a codec issue. As you are telling us, that symptoms are only on some stations, you should check "file properties" in deep on those (and compare with others, working well ones), to get closer to possible codec issues.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Hi Juergen,

thanks for your quick feedback. I was to hasty and You are right

"Codecs are handling this, in the first place."

After reading the "Software and Hardware requirements" I have installed the free mpeg2 codec (ffdshow). Among the video options i have change this to basic setting into:

- Video Renderer = VMR-9
- MPEG-2 = fddshow Video Decoder

what shall I put it? It works fine for me. Thank you for the great hint.

"Anyway, what exactly do you mean by "RGB colors"???"

Pictures speak louder than words -> http://www.lettradesign.ch/images/conte ... unge_3.jpg

Another question: What is your preferred "video codec" or where can I find a good howto for the optimal video settings? (I find the picture quality from the basic codec better (schlieren free). By the way, by what tool do You control Your remote?

Greets from Frankfurt to Hamburg

mado

Your picture shows just a bit to high contrast and colour saturation and possibly a bit low brightness. There is no general issue with it. So doing some video adjustments should have helped on this, either from ProgDVB's internal controls, or those from inside of the codec's properties.

Well, my remote can't be compared with yours, as mine works TV style, over a device integrated hardware port. Yours will be completely different, suppoosingly being based on a Windwos HID style keyboard emulation, and relevant setttings in ProgDVB are then supposed to rely on keyboard controls, not remote. That's what my second tuner, the DigiVox mini also does.

"Schlieren" = smear? Where do you have that, on the computer screen or on a VGA card's TV out? If on the PC screen, this may either be compression artefacts, due to relatively low DVB-T data rates, or they belong to a quite slow TFT panel (would then also happen on DVD playback), or some codec's settings are suboptimal, like rendering with BOB activated or some bad adaptive deinterlacing, in general, post processing issues.

In fact, different codecs can give different results, at least with their default settings and / or possible GPU hardware support activated. You have to try out, as this also partly depends on your GPU (VGA chipset).

For example, if having installed some DVD software player, compare with playback of a recording. If this looks far better, try to borrow the codecs from there, register them for ProgDVB and then select those. Cyberlink (from PowerDVD or a retail ATI software bundle) give nice results normally, Elecard as well. Ffdshow is also quite good, but you have a lot of settings to check then.
Overlay should look better than any surface mode.
Also watch CPU load.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>