Re: Feature Requests

hi
It will be nice if
we have an option to choose format of clock 12 or 24 format or it will take automatic the format of system clock
we have an option to choose single or double tuner so when we press PIP with single tuner the channel list will be filtered to channels in current frequency only
the EPG window that appear by pressing E button follow the same language chosen in EPG window that appear by pressing EPG icon
also the EPG in information window that appear by pressing I button follow the same language chosen in EPG window that appear by pressing EPG icon
also the EPG in bottom bar of main window follow the same language chosen in EPG window that appear by pressing EPG icon
also the EPG in shown in channel list follow the same language chosen in EPG window that appear by pressing EPG icon
also the EPG in time shift bar follow the same language chosen in EPG window that appear by pressing EPG icon

in other word EPG language in any place should be the same language already chosen in EPG window or you add option of EPG language to choose priority of EPG language like Audio language and subtitle language found in setting-options-language

thanks

I would appreciate "Clear" button in ProgDVB EPG window toolbar, which would clear old EPG data for current channel. Some channels sometimes transmit one EPG item several times with minor adjustments (they change time, description, format info) and it leads to duplicates in EPG, because ProgDVB displays also all older versions of the same item. Thanks.

thanks for changes you already did, and here is options that still missing

* option to choose format of clock 12 or 24 format or it will take automatic the format of system clock
* option to choose single or double tuner so when we press PIP with single tuner the channel list will be filtered to channels in current frequency only
* EPG window that appear by pressing E button follow the same language chosen in EPG window that appear by pressing EPG icon

that's some suggestions about channel logos

* first priority is to load logos in folder then second priority to load logos from data base, since current logo database is old so if i put logos in the folder, channels still assigned to logo database and i have to choose the logo manually to every channel!!
* click ok button in channel properties doesn't mean switching to that channel!!, since if i go to property window of a channel and for example changed logo manually and press ok progdvb will switch to that channel!
* this is logo collection for most of channels and radio of most of satellites, it's high quality transparent logos with dimension 220*132, if it possible to adde them to progdvb database , it's around 140000 logos!!
download link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/aftjmv8uu ... hLogos.rar

since current progdvb logo database is too poor and most of channels logo is missing or old or one old logo with ( ^ ) applied to many channels, not mention that many of logos are not transparent which looking bad!

thanks
Last edited by GROW on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prog wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:48 am
1. Yes, in plan.
2.Why?
3. Not clear for me.
4. Thanks for the logos. But I am not can add that to my installer. I am not like install >70mbyte and I am not sure about legal problems...
I'm not sure about numbering since i used six stars.....
but about logos copyright i downloaded it from that thrread

https://linuxsat-support.com/thread/958 ... ed-setups/

in that thread he say that he doesn't know the names of PICON CREATORS ,because he just collect them

there you can found many fourms named by picons creator

https://linuxsat-support.com/board/19-p ... d-support/

i guess every one create transparent picons for some channels or some sat, beside different styles of picons..
i guess you can ask there permission...
and about size of database you can make it out of installer like themes or skins....
if you still have problems about legal, could you make a tool we can use to put logos in one database file , since copying or delete one database file is more easy than thousand of logos

one more, would you please think to make progdvb load logo to channels according to Service Reference Picons (SRPs)
1 since some channels in different satellite have same name so it will be only on logo for all of them (since progdvb need logo name is like channel name) so if logo named according Service Reference Picons (SRPs) not Service Named Picons (SNPs) it will solve this problem.
2 it will be very easy for us to update logos since most of logos available in internet are Service Reference Picons (SRPs) and it's rare to find Service Named Picons (SNPs)
3 it will be very useful to those people who like to rename channels name to their fav language ( Arabic name , German name, Russ name ) because if you rename the channel name you have to rename the logo name! but if progdvb load logos according to service reference not service name the logo still assigned to the channel even you renamed it

thanks

Hi prog
That's some suggestions for progdvb features
1.option to add subtitle from file
since there is always that channel that show event (movie,series...) you want to watch but it doesn't support subtitle with your favorite language so, if you can make option to add subtitle file and control font and subtitle position and time in progdvb, so subtitle time is the same as epg time bar as reference ( if channel have epg) and we can fine adjust that time, also adding hot key to store current subtitle time once advertisement began and another hotkey to resume subtitle from saved time ! and another hotkey for fine adjustment of subtitle.
i can select ffdshow for example as video decoder and from ffdshow icon beside sys clock ( in windows bottom bar) i will choose subtitle and choose the file and control the font and the position of subtitle, but the time of subtitle will be the time of timeshift or in other word, the time since i switched to the channel will be the time of subtitle and that is first problem.
for me once movie began i will re switch to the channel to make sure that subtitle time is zero!, and use delay in ffdshow to adjust subtitle time, and again there is another problem which is the advertisement, so i have to calculate the total time of it and add that time manually to ffdshow subtitle delay to make sure that subtitle time still correct after each advertisement!!
you can imagine that's a little bit booooring!
2.option to add external audio stream to the channel and we can easy synchronize the added audio and the video
so if the channel audio stream is french for example and there isn't english audio or arabic audio stream (my fav language) then it will be an option to put external link address for my favorite audio stream!
you may ask why some one want this option and he can just play that audio stream and mute progdvb!, well the answer is synchronization between external live audio stream and video in progdvb,if i played the audio through web i cant delay audio and all i have is delay video through time shift!
that's very helpful while we can watch live football match in french channel and add English or Arabic live audio stream from web to the channel, this audio stream found in sites like
mixlr.com
3. option to use an external translator program ( dictionary) to translate epg,subtitle and teletext, and show the real time translation to our favorite language
so if i choose the language of translator for ex arabic then if i watch italy channel with italy epg,progdvb will show the translated epg in real time, also instead of showing italy subtitle, prog dvb will show the translation in real time and so on
i guess if feature like that can be added will be a revolution!

Thanks

Thanos: In recording? I am not like this function because not stable. Any complex process request stable traffic...

GROW: And so.
How you plan sync file with TV? Same with external audio. Translation not bad idea but how? Over some web service?

Prog wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:10 pm
Thanos: In recording? I am not like this function because not stable. Any complex process request stable traffic...
No. I mean when watching a channel via internet out of local network.

In local network, it is OK. But when I try to watch via my external IP address, transmission is not smooth at all. Even more, when channel broadcasts in FHD it is just impossible to watch it.

(In my case, my download/upload speed is 25Mbps/3Mbps -most internet connections in Greece have such speeds or lower them).