EPG improvements

Hi
I have used progtv beta on Android for some time now and it has become my favourite iptv app. It is speedier that perfectplayer and on the whole more stable, less glitches. It does have some problems decoding certain channels/vod/movies etc but largely this has not been too much of a problem.

The one thing I miss from pp is the epg: You can see whats on each channel now,next and later in a timeline view without having to press any additional buttons. Progtv will only show detailed listings 1 channel at a time. Any chance of improvements on this?

1 other thing I have to manually force an update every day to keep my epg up to date. Unless I missed it the only way to update is manually?

Thanks for your consideration :)

Re: EPG improvements

1. Thanks I eventually figured you can change the epg style. Selecting an epg view by default for the channel list would be a great step forward!
2. I had my update interval set to 8 hours but it still wasn't staying up to date. I have changed it to 4 hours. Hopefully that will do the trick. Will see...

mrcrowley, I completely agree with you ProgTV is also my player of choice. Once I got used to the settings I deleted Perfect Player.

I use the BETA version I believe it must be something in your settings that needs to be changed. My epg is correct and I can see whats on each individual channel for the next 5 days. Once in a while I might find a channel or 2 that might not have the correct epg thats not ProgTV fault its usually the IPTV provider you're using. When IPTV providers add some extra channels usually the epg will get messed up and as you said you have to update in order for it to correct itself.

Stan wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:50 pm
mrcrowley, I completely agree with you ProgTV is also my player of choice. Once I got used to the settings I deleted Perfect Player.

I use the BETA version I believe it must be something in your settings that needs to be changed. My epg is correct and I can see whats on each individual channel for the next 5 days. Once in a while I might find a channel or 2 that might not have the correct epg thats not ProgTV fault its usually the IPTV provider you're using. When IPTV providers add some extra channels usually the epg will get messed up and as you said you have to update in order for it to correct itself.
Stan you threw out Perfect player but you shouldn't because PP player is great for me, maybe your IPTV service is lousy not fault of PP, just for the EPG that shows up with Channels in my opinion PP is better then PDVB that one has to open an extra page and that's annoying.Besides i test my IPTV in PP and in PDVB and no difference except for the PDVB EPG annoyance.

ivtec wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:46 pm
Stan wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:50 pm

Stan you threw out Perfect player but you shouldn't because PP player is great for me, maybe your IPTV service is lousy not fault of PP, just for the EPG that shows up with Channels in my opinion PP is better then PDVB that one has to open an extra page and that's annoying.Besides i test my IPTV in PP and in PDVB and no difference except for the PDVB EPG annoyance.
ivtec, I have 15 separate IPTV playlists loaded into ProgTV. I also have 1 paid IPTV service that has worked flawlessly during PPV's as the stream will run without any glitches whatsoever. I believe we can go back and forth on which player is better but this all comes down to personal preference yours being PP mine ProgTV. If you're happy with PP good for you I still prefer ProgTV.

Any thread xxxx vs yyyy not interesting. why? For example lot of peoples have Nikon and Canon cameras and not both groups of peoples are happy.

Interesting are details about bugs and missing functions.

ps: Send me m3u, xmltv and names of missed channels or email.

Prog wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:02 am
Any thread xxxx vs yyyy not interesting. why? For example lot of peoples have Nikon and Canon cameras and not both groups of peoples are happy.

Prog i don't know if you responding to my reply? if you are here goes ; what Nikon and Canon Cameras have to with a EPG that every TV service in the world display EPG with each channel exact same way Perfect Player does?'

Remember Cannon and Nikon although they are different hardware but they all do the same thing,TAKE PICs.

ivtec wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:51 pm
Prog wrote:

Prog i don't know if you responding to my reply? if you are here goes ; what Nikon and Canon Cameras have to with a EPG that every TV service in the world display EPG with each channel exact same way Perfect Player does?'

Remember Cannon and Nikon although they are different hardware but they all do the same thing,TAKE PICs.
ivtec, the EPG guide on ProgTV is actually better than PP. You probably have not played around with the guide enough to figure it out. Look at this picture it's looks better than the PP EPG Guide picture you've been posting. As you scroll down the guide the channel show description is at the bottom of the page.
ProgTV.JPG
ProgTV EPG Guide Picture

Prog wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:39 am
Same for Stane. No need argue. Need more details about ProgTV problem or missed functions.
Hi prog. why the heck if you have that epg on ProgDVB that way why you've let me request EPG this way instead of giving instruction on how to use epg that way,P Player we have not to look for any settings just load epg and set EPG ,i think you just added that future and now come here saying that i was not loading Epg right?

Stan wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:02 am
ivtec wrote:
Prog wrote:

ivtec, the EPG guide on ProgTV is actually better than PP. You probably have not played around with the guide enough to figure it out. Look at this picture it's looks better than the PP EPG Guide picture you've been posting. As you scroll down the guide the channel show description is at the bottom of the page. ProgTV.JPG
Hi Prog' still waiting for Instruction on how to config EPG like in the pic?ythanks

ivtec wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:59 pm
Stan wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:02 am
ivtec wrote:

ivtec, the EPG guide on ProgTV is actually better than PP. You probably have not played around with the guide enough to figure it out. Look at this picture it's looks better than the PP EPG Guide picture you've been posting. As you scroll down the guide the channel show description is at the bottom of the page. ProgTV.JPG
Hi Prog' still waiting for Instruction on how to config EPG like in the pic?ythanks
ivtec, why you bother ProgTV with senseless things like EPG? I've told you many times you need to experiment with the player to get the full benefits from it. You thought the EPG was terrible and my picture clearly shows you were wrong ProgTV has much better EPG than PP. All you need to to is play with the settings learn what everything is for and more surprises will come to you. Just put in the effort and you will be rewarded just as I have been.