prog sat finder diseqc switch problem and suggestion

first, thanks for prog sat finder it's very strong and very helpful
i had a problem where diseqc switch doesn't work and prog sat finder see only the first port of diseqc switch.
once i go to option-device properties and choose my sat card, and restart it, prog finder doesn't see all diseqc switch ports !!
in progfinder ini file i found
[BDA]
dtv-dvb 1027 dvbs bda tuner filter~=245
DiseqRepeats=2
DiseqDelay=200
SetIsNotStartMoreOneDeviceAtOnce=0
UseTuneRequest2=229
DemuxRequest=1
SymbolRateInKS=0

progdvb works fine, so i search in prog dvb ini file for bada and i found
[BDA]
dtv-dvb 1027 dvbs bda tuner filter~=245
DiseqRepeats=2
DiseqDelay=200
SetIsNotStartMoreOneDeviceAtOnce=0
UseTuneRequest2=1
DemuxRequest=1
SymbolRateInKS=1

i changed progfinder ini file to be the same like progdvb
UseTuneRequest2=1
SymbolRateInKS=1
now prog sat finder diseqc works fine!
i decided to share that so you may figure out why prog sat finder made wrong parameter!

there is also some points about prog sat finder
1- add option to power off lnb
some times we need to connect the cable directly to LNB to confirm the work of LNB and cable and diseqc..
as you now it's not preferred to do that while power is on (some cards burned for a few people!)

2-notify the user of signal strenght and signal status (locked or not) by audio
When i add another lnb to satellite dish , first while holding lnb in my hand i tray to found the correct place that have a signal using strongest frequency of the sat , , then fix lnb in that position and try to get high signal as possible and fix it again, then go to laptop to choose weak frequency
to readjust but found that the strongest signale i had for strong frequency is not locked! and that mean LNB in wrong position and i have to do the whole process again and that's disappointing !
for example may be you make the sound is male as long signal not locked and once the
signal is locked it become female sound!!, or if you have better idea no problem
that will save a lot of time!

3-we can choose satellites for every diseqc port exactly like progdvb
so all i have to do is choosing sat and adjust lnb, that will be more easy

4- add option to make comment for frequency
every sat have strongest frequency we have to use to easy catch the sat also have weake frequency we use to fine adjustment the sat, so if i will install 4 sat for example i have to write down 8 frequency and every time i will look of my notebook to now the frequency and search it in prog sat finder transponder list for that frequency, that's a little bit boring!
if we can just make comment of transponder and that comment will be visible beside transponder it will be more easy than using notebook!

5- option to make scan of the whole sat and give summary of signal strength and quality for eache transponder to easy define any transponder have low signal and need adjustment

Thanks for the awesome prog

Re: prog sat finder diseqc switch problem and suggestion

If i try to add new sat to the dish and adjust the dish position prog finder will show signal zero
even if i set the dish correctly to approximate location and if i press lock button signal is zero and i have to change the transponder and return again to first transponder so he will show me the signal (not zero!)
it's like that program lock to transponder and find no signal so he stop and after i adjust the dish position he doesn't lock!
i try option "refresh transponder on signal lost 500ms" but doesn't work

is that satellite card issue (i use twinhan and tevii) or prog finder bug?
Thanks

Prog wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:04 am
Some tuners not can automatic lock signal when dish is come to position :(

Thanks for your concern
I did small test
1* I tuned to a frequency and progfinder give me the signal (since LNB is in correct position)
now i moved LNB out of position and as expected progfinder give me zero signal
wait a few minutes and move LNB gradually to correct position and again as expected progfinder give
the signal increase gradually....

2* I tuned to a frequency and progfinder give me the signal (since LNB is in correct position)
now i moved LNB out of position and as expected progfinder give me zero signal
closed progfinder and open it again (or choose any other transponder)
progfinder will give zero signal (LNB is still out of position)
move LNB gradually to correct position and progfinder didn't give
the signal increase and i had to manually lock to the frequency (or change to another frequency)
so progfinder tell me the correct signal.....

case 1
I guess that mean progfinder will keep looking for signal if it lost (That mean it have to be a signal and loose it so proginder will referech transponder!!)

case 2
in case of add new sat (the signal is zero) prog finder will not refresh transponder ( i guess he think he doesn't lose the signal since it's zero and still zero!!!!)

am i right?

Thanks for the new version
using 64 bit version in win 7 64 bit
I have twinhan and TEVII cards
if i go to options and chooses device tevii and press ok
disecq work and give me the signal for all port..
whoever if i go again to option the device will not be tevii but netclient!!
if i choose from option device twinhan and choose azurewave from proberties and press ok
progfinder will restart and give no signal over all ports and if i return to options the device will be again netclient!!

using 32bit version in win 7 64 bit
the same as 64bit version, but twinhan and tevii works....