Re: Feature Requests

I hope you can add subtitle feature in near time, it will be very useful!
even if we have to add manually subtitles and progdvb auto synchronize it as explained..

2* of course it's the same! , I set audio language and EPG is seems to be fine! , thanks
4* I know it will be exhausting since it have to disable all osd hotkey after channel list appear
And enable hot keys again after channel list disappear!!
I guess it will be easier if I use mouse!
Thanks for your concern

Hi Prog
That's some suggestions i think it will be so helpful if you can added them to progdvb
XMLTV
1* add rating and category to EPG in client side
2*add rating-category-duration to EPG window that appear by pressing E button
3* improve search in xmltv so if i searched for something it show only the events matched my search in every channel
-current search just highlight the event and you should pres next to jump to the next event and repeat that tens of times if you search in many channels!!
4* option to search by category or rating
EX: search "sport" in category so search result will be events that have sport category and the same for rating
5* fix option of change the channel list in epg window
-current version have option to change channel list in bottom bar but sometimes that option disappear with change of epg language!!!
6* auto show next event window for 4 second
if we watch a channel and current event end it will be nice if progdvb auto show window for 4 second contain the next event name and description and rating and category instead of manually press I or E button...

Channel list source
7* fix “No source” issue at channel list property
I have two tuners and everyone connected to 4*1 diseqc, if I moved one sat form first dieqc to second diseqc and make the change in progdvb diseqc, I can use old channel list of that sat with the second tuner but in channel list property there is “no source” and if I searched for new channels in a transponder it will be add to a new channel list! And I have to make a full scan even I have the old channel list-that was connected to first tuner-
*Also if I didn’t make full scan some channels EPG will not updated!!
*Plus if I made full scan and delete old channel list that mean I have to do the favorite list again!!
8* fix “No source” issue at channel list property in client side
*if I just can set a source for the channel list it will be so helpful since he save time of building new favorite list!
*If for any reason for ex progdvb crash due to codec and when restart it he asks to enter iptv client again! Then he searched for channel list and add new channel list named IPTV client even the old one still there and still working!
In channel list property I can find “ No source issue!”
However old channel list work but EPG will not updated since there is “No source” !! and I have to ply channels from new channel list if I want EPG to update!!
*All my customized favorite list that made based on old channel list have to be rebuild again based on new channel list!!!!!!!!!!

Schedule
9* the clock format should follow clock setting in option/user interface
Because the clock format is 24H while i choose 12H format....
10* It will be better if schedule window become like EPG, i mean instead of “the date associated to clock” and mentioned every event, the date will be highlighted and the schedule events in that day listed below it exactly like EPG
11* if i highlight a date i can enable or disable all scheduled event in that day
12* The font size is too small so it will be nice if we can control font size like EPG
13* it will be nice if there is a hot key to show OSD schedule window that contain schedule events for current day only
14* it will be nice to have option to auto switch after 5 sec or manually switch by just showing reminder window that have two buttons, 'cancel' to disappear and 'switch' to switch to that channel
and in case of many reminder at the same time it will be shown as list and i can choose event from the list and press cancel or switch....
15* it will be nice if there is sound alarm when schedule window appear before auto switch !!
Some times you made the schedule from a few days and forget it, now you watching a channel and it auto switch to another channel while you busy with other thing “ phone for example” and the time shift will gone even you switch back!
16* it will be nice to add status beside every event which is "excuted-canceled-missed"
17* some times we miss a schedule event so if that is the case then it will be nice to auto search for the missed event every day in EPG and if found show a message to approve add it to schedule or not

OSD
18* add rating and category to information window
19* hot key to permanent show/hide event rating or event name or clock in certain place in the screen!
20* hot key to show window that contain current EPG name and description and rating and category and press that key for second time it will show window for next event and press for third time the window disappear
21* It will be nice if we can change the icon for every channel list like channel logo
-if we show channel list using L or enter button and press left button it show channel lists avaliable and beside every channel list name, standrd icon like folder icon

parent control
22* if i used max rating +12 it will lock channels if event rating more than +12 but not all channels have event rating!!
some of them have event rating in event description
ex:
*sky channels have the rating included in event description in that form
'Ab 16 Jahren'
*poland channels have the rating included in event description in that form
'lat: 16'
so if parent control active and no rating found, it suppose to search in event description for
'Ab 16 Jahren'
or
'lat: 16'
and if there is a match then channel will be locked!

PIP
23* in progdvb for single tuner device, when press PIP channel list should be filtered to show channels for current transponder only!!
24* IPTV client and progdvb server
in client side, if i watch x channel and make PIP y chaneel, x channel will be closed and y channel will be opened even both channels are at same transponder!!!

progdvb server
25* it will be nice if we have two icons in desktop one for run progdvb with video playback and the other to run it without video playback
-for those who continuously switch between using progdvb as server only (so activate open channel without playback) and using progdvb for watching channels(so deactivate open channel without playback) it is boring to open progdvb and deactivate video playback to use it as server and if i want to just watch channels open it and enable video playback and do restart.....

Thanks

I am not like answer on long messages becase not can spend all day for check every point and spend hour for answer. It push me ignore most points :(

4. I am not like too many options. And you not like also :)
5. Must work. Need more details about problem.
6. Not clear. Need more details.

7. New port of diseq is new source. Total new... But you can select all old channels in list, open channels properties and select new source for old channels.

9. Where you switch 24/12 and where is not correct time format?

osd: again. Many options - is very bad way. If software have 10000 options then use not can found necessary 10... Like with sources.

parent control from description - crazy idea too. Too many languages and formats. You need some specific solution. Like export to xml, apply some script and import back.

23. Many user ask me about that, but not like this way. You can group by transponders and user pip.

25. You can do 2 shortcuts to one exe. One with /nograph.

Thanks for your concern, and so sorry for long post, I thought it’s better to save suggestion and post it all…my bad

*Are you agreeing me with these suggestions?
XMLTV
0*hide old events, or spilt old events into different file, it will be helpful specially in client side where xml size will be too small
1* add rating and category to EPG in client side
2*add rating-category-duration to EPG window that appear by pressing E button
3* improve search in xmltv so if i searched for something it show only the events matched my search in every channel
-current search just highlight the event and you should press next to jump to the next event and repeat that tens of times if you search in many channels!!
*What is the program used to open and edit XML?
I tried excel and can open small epg but can’t save the changes plus can’t open big xml
25. You can do 2 shortcuts to one exe. One with /nograph.
Right click and property to progdvb shortcut at desktop and change target from
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ProgDVB Professional 24.2\ProgDvbNet.exe"
To
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ProgDVB Professional 24.2\ProgDvbNet.exe/nograph"
It show error message say “the name specified in target box is not valid”
Any suggestions?

Thanks