ProgTV not playing Catch Up with IPTV Tuner, Guide Ghosting and no Channel Logos

I use ProgTV Android with Vaders and I have noticed that it does show me when I channel has catch up however if I choose something in the guide from the past. It tries to play it and it even tells me it's playing a show that already ended but it just plays live TV.

This is an example of what vaders uses for catch up channels in their m3u playlist

Code: Select all

&duration=3600" catchup-days=5 tvg-name="Univision Deportes HD"
I tried Perfect Player and Perfect Player is able to play Catch Up from Vaders.

Another thing I noticed on the latest beta a few days ago. I have not tried the very latest beta out right now but in the TV Guide, when scrolling it's hard to read the channel and the show information because it seems to show the contents of the previous page for at least 1 second, so if you scroll through the guide too quick, it will show a ghost image of the previous page and it looks like the text just overlaps the text from the previous page.

Also no logos are being read and downloaded even though the m3u has the links to the logos.

Re: ProgTV not playing Catch Up with IPTV Tuner, Guide Ghosting and no Channel Logos

Prog wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:25 pm
I am not sure about TV Guide scrolling but other functions must work.
Can you share me your m3u for test?
[m3u removed ]

These are examples of channels with Catch Up and without catch up as you can see they have the link to the logos as well. I edited so that my token key is not shown. The ones with catch up also have /dvr/${start}/ in the link

Maybe this can help You resolve the issue? I will see if the issue with the scrolling in the guide is still present and try to take screenshots or create a video later.

Re: ProgTV not playing Catch Up with IPTV Tuner, Guide Ghosting and no Channel Logos

Prog wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:28 pm
No problem with logos and archive on your sample. For example
Canada/CTV Vancouver have archive.
Canada/CBC Vancover - no archive.

Logo on all channels.
Ok I will try the latest beta later on but I was not getting any logos in the Guide at all. Is it a permission thing? Is there anything to configure in ProgTV for the logos to show up?

As for archive yes, the channels do show that they have archive, and if you try to play something that played say 2 hours ago, it tries to play it and it even says it's playing that show from 2 hours ago. However the feed that is showing is just what is live now. However on Perfect Player or on the Vaders APK app, the archived show plays fine.

I think I will make some videos later so that you can see exactly what I mean

OK I downloaded the latest beta, reset the channel data and updated the sources and I can confirm that png icons are working :)

I also went to the tuner settings and there is an option for archive, it was set to none. I tried

Code: Select all

?utc=xxxx&lutc=yyyy
And now Catch Up seems to work, only thing is that it does not let you skip the commercials like the vaders apk does, it acts as it was just playing something live.

The problem with the Guide scrolling and leaving ghost images is still there though.

It leaves a ghost image of the previous screen and goes away after a second, however at the top where it shows the description of the show you can see that the ghost image stays there. Bellow is a video of the issue

https://vimeo.com/290798632

Prog wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:18 am
About commercials - need more time and test account. Please remember me later .
That would be nice. I'll remind you later and I can let you test with my account when you have some time.
Prog wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:17 am
Do you push on some button in RC for guide?
Correct, this is on a Nvidia Shield Android TV Box. I use a wireless air mouse/keyboard. I have bind keys assigned for the guide and pg up and pg down