Better graphic card for lower cpu usage?

Hello,
I've tried Luxe tv HD on 30° west and I saw in task manager I have a cpu Usage of 60-70%.
On your opinion if I use a better graphic card like Radeon 3650 is enought to have a lower cpu usage or I should change also the cpu?
Opteron 175 @ 2,2 Ghz (on gigabyte nforce3 Ultra), Radeon HD 3850 512 MB, Digitalrise 1041+CI, Th 1.1.0.4 driver, 1 GB RAM, Windows XP Pro

Dear Prog,
well I tried with cyberlink h.264 (azureware) codec and mainconcept h.264
Then I can try I suppose with ffdshow but got some problem on rendering it I use in VMR 9 but crash pehaps can try the VR only.
Do you know others video renders h.264 that need less cpu usage?
Opteron 175 @ 2,2 Ghz (on gigabyte nforce3 Ultra), Radeon HD 3850 512 MB, Digitalrise 1041+CI, Th 1.1.0.4 driver, 1 GB RAM, Windows XP Pro

Main aspect on h.264 and CPU usage is, to (really) get hardware support from the VGA card.
In most combinations, this is not possible.
But a good manufacturer would cooperate with a codec programmer and then recommend a specific version, to be used with his hardware.
This for, first look into the original software bundle, that comes with your (retail) hardware.
Then test on the player, that came with it. Do the properties settings from there.
If all that is working fine, hardware support included, you are ready to make exactly that codec available for ProgDVB and test it there.

However, this is not really a ProgDVB issue, as it also effects all other DVB- and many more multimedia applications.

Anyway, you will find many interesting threads and surely some solutions at dvbn.happysat.org, which is not limited to ProgDVB issues.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Well seem strange but I' ve just bought an Ati 3650 on agp slot and it seem to be worse than my old Ati 9600 XT.
I can't understand if it is a problem of this graphic board or a problem of the codec.
After the installation I have an abnormal cpu load on second core (23% of total load) and so when I use h264 with cyberlink codec I obtain a 95-100 % CPU load. It was 60-70 with the old Ati 9600 XT.
I tried installing nero but I didn't find the h264 codec also with graphedit.
Do you know an H.264 codec that can do a real hardware acceleration?
My opteron 175 is a x2 socket 939 processor that works at 2,2 Ghz, shouldn't be enought for viewing dvb-s2 channel in h.264?
Thank you for any help

Thank you jurgen I read your message but unfortunately no hd codec and software is in bundle with Asus Ah3650 Silent.
There are ati codec that do acceleration but unfortunately they didn't install any Hd or h264 codec.
On Ati website they speak about hardware decoding of nero 7 ultra.
But now we are at nero 8 ultra and on their trial there isn't any h.264 or hd or BR codec.

Means, I'm out of this discussion now.
No HD compatible hardware here, to test with.

Anyone else, perhaps :?:
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>