Add “Audio settings” option drop-down list to all the 3 kind

Under Vista, if you watch HDTV channels and want sound card (for example, X-Fi series) to hardware decode AC3, need to select “SPDIF out” as audio output device in ProgDVB “Audio settings”, and let AC3Filter passthrough the AC3 bitstream, it’s way different than that in Windows XP.

Then if you switch to other channels that uses other audio filters (for example, ffdshow, etc), no sound will be heard because you selected “SPDIF out” in ProgDVB “Audio settings”.

Can we add the “Audio settings” for each kind of Audio filters? I drawed the picture, but seems the forum can’t paste picture. That is to say, in “ProgDVB options”, we can select 3 audio filters for 3 kinds of audio (Audio/AC3 audio/AAC audio), it’s better to add the “Audio settings” drop-down selection for each of the 3 kinds. It has lots of space to the right of the 3 (Audio/AC3 audio/AAC audio) audio filters drop-down lists.

Please consider.

another reason why this is needed...

1. some channels AC3 audio output, I want to passthrough the bitstream to my external decoder amplifier,

2. but other channels will only have mp2 audio output, I want to use filter to decode and use sound card to output,

For 1, I need to choose "SPDIF output" in ProgDVB, for 2, I need to choose "Default DirectSound output" in ProgDVB,

So for now, I need to have 2 ProgDVB folders to seperate the 2 kinds of audio output channels........

Can you add this in future?
Windows 7, 64-bit.
Twinhan AD-SP400(1041) DVB-S2.
KNC1 DVB-S2.
Technotrend S2300 Premium DVB-S.
Technotrend C1500 DVB-C.
Technotrend DVB-T TV-stick.
ATI 4550.
Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe.
Creative S750 speaker system.
Latest ver.6 of ProgDVB Pro.

in Windows Vista, it has different mechanism to route out SPDIF.

we need to choose "SPDIF OUT" in audio settings to route SPDIF to external decoders.

Although the audio filter can support SPDIF out when the channel is AC3 while decode mp2 stream if the channel is not AC3 sound, but the SPDIF output is not working in Vista.

The "Default DirectSound" can't receive SPDIF in Vista and there will be no sound at all. In vista, we need to first let filter passthrough SPDIF, second, we need to choose "SPDIF OUT" in ProgDVB "Audio settings" instead of "Default DirectSound" to truely route out SPDIF bitstream for external amplifier or X-Fi soundcard driver-level decoding!

---------
It is totally different as in Windows XP.
Windows 7, 64-bit.
KNC1 DVB-S2.
Technotrend C1500 DVB-C.
ATI 4550.

Re: .

Prog wrote:And you like different settings for mpa, ac3 and aac channels?
I don't know whether there are AAC external decoder amplifier, but definitely, different settings for mp2 and AC3 are needed in Windows Vista,

you know Windows Vista and Windows 7 will be prevalent in following years..
Windows 7, 64-bit.
KNC1 DVB-S2.
Technotrend C1500 DVB-C.
ATI 4550.

Did a google search, found most of latest A/V receivers can hardware decode AAC....

So 3 seperate audio settings are most preferred for mp2, AC3 and AAC!
Windows 7, 64-bit.
KNC1 DVB-S2.
Technotrend C1500 DVB-C.
ATI 4550.

Re: .

Prog wrote:Too many settings :-(
When will be new version? 5.16?
Windows 7, 64-bit.
KNC1 DVB-S2.
Technotrend C1500 DVB-C.
ATI 4550.

bump again for this new feature request, it's a must in Windows Vista if you passthrough AC3 to external decoder amplifier and still want to get sound for other mp2 TV channels..
Windows 7, 64-bit.
KNC1 DVB-S2.
Technotrend C1500 DVB-C.
ATI 4550.