problem in saving channels (ProgDVB 5 + Vista)

I'm experiencing a strange problem with every version of ProgDVB 5.X and Windows Vista.
Whenever I do a "scan channels" to tune the channels of a newly added satellite or to rescan a satellite, the operation goes on regularly, I see the channels being listed in the small window, etc. When the channel scan is completed, I click the OK button and that is where the program crashes... In other words the channels are not saved and they don't appear in the channels tab when I restart ProgDVB.
I tried to completely delete the contents of the "channels" folder in ProgDVB installation directory but nothing changed.
This problem has been happening with all the ProgDVB 5.x versions I tested, including the very last version available on the web site.
Any suggestion?
Thanks

You as a user and ProgDVB must have full writing access to that channels folder.
And make sure Windows explorer shows all kind of files, hidden and system included, when trying to clean up.
Perhaps cross check from an administrator account.

That's my only idea, as I don't have Vista.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

My first thought was that this problem might be caused by Vista "User Account Control", so I turned it off but it didn't help. I also enabled hidden/system files access.
Also, when ProgDVB crashes a small (512 bytes) file is left in the channels folder, which means that the program was allowed to write to that folder.

Well, I haven't used ProgDVB 4.x with Vista very often, but as far as I can remember it didn't crash after a channel search.
Yes, my account has admin rights and UAC is disabled (I can modify registry and any system file without warning by UAC).

I experience the same problem with ProgDVB5 in Vista 32bit.
After the scanning when ProgDVB should save the channel list it stopps responding and hangs. The channels are not saved.
I am admin, UAC is disabled and so ProgDVB runs as admin.
Device is a TT 3200, if that matters.
ProgDVB4 scans and saves the list without any problem.

Hallo,

i'd the same problem, saving the channel-list in Vista 64. UAC off, Admin Rights and full access to the progdvb-folder to anyone. Than i stopped the Scan at 30 Transponders and tried to save the list -> done. So i scanned and saved Step by Step 5 Transponders more until 60 where the Program hangs again. My next thought was, that there should be a Border at 59 Transp. To test that, i scanned (and saved) 61 -> done. Next i performed a complete Scan and it worked. From that Point i have no more Problems to save a complete Scan.
My TV-Card is Creatix SAA7131, Triple Capture Device

Scanning with v4 and then copy over the program-list files to the v5 folder also works. This makes is possible to use v5 with a full program list at last.

No, it's vista 32bit here
German version, if that matters.
And as I cannot run filemon while starting progdvb I cannot give you any more hints on this.
Last edited by sinn3r on Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Same here:

ProgDVB 5.12.1 / German Vista x64 / Skystar 2

I can manually scan MOST single transponders.
Some examples where the scan of one Astra transponder crashes on saving:

Well - dunno how this may help...