NOVA S Plus (BDA)not properly initialized by ProgDVB

i have found a similar thread but with other symptoms thus i create a new thread. see environment below.

when i start progdvb, i get no error message but a black screen an no tone on all channels. i have to first start the wintv sw from hauppauge which works of course. then exit and start progdvb and from now on progdvb works until the next windows startup which needs the same procedure.

is this a known issue (this card and progdvb)?

i have a hauppauge nova s plus card which is shipped only with bda drivers. i'm using it on windows xp pro sp2 with all updates and the latest driver 4.0 from hauppauge. i'm using the newest progdvb versions (4.87.3 and 5.11.3) and of course i can only choose the hauppauge dba driver!. i have also used previous versions of progdvb as well as other driver versions (2.50, 3.40) which makes no difference

regards

i have encountered the similar problems (same card, same OS)
when i start progdvb i don't get a picture or sound only the quality indicater is flickering (there is not other indicater in BDA drivers).
i tested it with every newer version - didn't work. the last version of progdvb which is still working is ProgDVB 4.85.3.
maybe try it with this.

kind regards.

hi again. i tried you new version now too: 4.87.9 - but it does not work ether :(
i have also tried different diseqc settings (Mini-DiseqC like it worked with the older version and None)
with the new version i can hear the sound - but it starts to stuck after a few seconds. also the picture stays black all the time.
in the new version the device options where set to auto [hauppauge] i set it to hauppauge clear - with no success.

reinstalling 4.85.3 again - at least an older version is running fine, i am happy ;)

answer if you need more information - i will be happy to help you guys.

now with the new 4.88 or 5.12 it's even worse! No I get no picture or tone at all even when I started WinTV before which works all the time.
The previous version 4.87.3 to 6 worked too.
I have in addition to say that not only WinTV (the original) SW works but also any other TV SW like Media Portal, only ProgDVB does not work.
I'm using the latest Hauppauge Nova-S Plus driver 4.0a.
So I'll also go back to version 4.85 or switch to any other DVB SW.
Since the timeshift format and name has changed it's anyhow no longer usable