Picture and Audio-Problems

Hallo

i tried some diffrent versions from ProgDVB Standard and i allways have laggy audio and video. not wachable.

i try
ProgDVB 4 with ProgDVB 4 (latest)
ProgDVB 5 with ProgDVB 5 (latest)
ProgDVB 5 with ProgDVB 4 (latest)
ProgDVB 4 with ProgDVB 5 (latest)

and i allways have these problems.
the Server is a AMD64 with WinXP-X64, Gigabit LAN (see cpu-z)
and the Client is a PentiumM 2Ghz Acer Notebook (2GB RAM Vista, Gigabit LAN)

All other is working - changing programs etc.

here is a screenshot

plz help me

and sorry for my bad english

if i set the Packet Size to 64 on server - i can hear radio channels without breaks but it will not work with tv channels - audio and video is damaged again :(

hallo prog i already try this with TS but it wont work too :( same problem

on the Server it works perfekt (if i remove /nograph) but on the client no change

in the evening i will try it on another client with WindowsXP

I test it on WinXP with latest ProgDVB5 but its the same problem.
if i change it to Transport-Stream it think it have much more errors.

any idea?

Very strange.

I have been testing quite a lot over W-LAN during the past weeks, between the P4 1800 with the Nexus and media server home (mpeg2/mpa, HW mode) and the P4 1700 as client.
W-LAN speed between > 20 MBps and 54 Mbps, depending on antenna positioning, won't matter.

No errors of any kind.

ProgDVB (several subversions)
4.x --> 5.x
4.x --> 4.x
5.x --> 5.x
5.x --> 4.x

Windows
98SE --> XP Pro SP2 (32bit)
98SE --> 2000 SP4
98SE --> 98SE
2000 SP4 --> XP Pro SP2 (32bit)
2000 SP4 --> 2000 SP4
2000 SP4 --> 98SE
XP Pro SP2 (32bit) --> XP Pro SP2 (32bit)
XP Pro SP2 (32bit) --> 2000 SP4
XP Pro SP2 (32bit) --> 98SE

All these combinations are working fine.

Codecs on client always are from original software of my MSI digivox mini II DVB-T, Cyberlink based. HW acceleration is active for the Intel Extreme onboard VGA.

Server settings are default, unicast, port 10999, packet size 1400
Server is connected by (onboard) 100Mbit LAN to Fritz!box WLAN 3030, which provides hardware firewall and a W-LAN access point, WPA2 protected. Client uses a cheap Digitus DN-7003GS W-LAN USB2 stick.
Both computers are using virus guards, AVG on W9x, Avira on NT based. Server has 1 GB DDR RAM, Client 512 MB DDR.
All kind of power saving is forbidden for W-LAN and LAN on both.

If this has enough performance over here, your system should work even better.
Else something basic is wrong, like firewall trouble, other heavy background activities, whatever else...
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Hallo Jürgen and hello prog,

i try now some older progdvb version but no version is working with the technotrend pci-budget bda driver (latest) on the WinXP X64 pc.

i think the notebook is fast enough(X700with256MB -aero active) but the server only have a matrox mystique with 2MB (V?)RAM (its an old pci card cause i have no pci-express card here) Can this be the problem?

Some other Details from the Server

CPU AMD Athlon 64 3000+
WinXP64 SP1 (try to update this in the next step)
1GB RAM
Mainboard NFORCE4 A939
All Firewalls disabled
All other Network-Adapters disabled

greets to prog
und grüße an Jürgen nach Hamburg
Hendrik2 (aus Dortmund :-)

Indeed, the old PCI VGA may cause real trouble on your server system.

It may severely interfere with PCI busmastering, slow down the whole bus by it's stone age timings, cause IRQ sharing problems and more.

And this can cause other devices to stall resp. perform badly, including some not even connected to the PCI bus, as interrupts effect the whole machine.

Not to mention driver issues, as surely you won't find a decent 64 bit driver for that plain 32 bit device...

Of course you don't need a really powerful VGA on the server, but it should in fact suit architecture and century ;)
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86

Auf Deutsch:

Hallo Juergen,

i dont use the graphic card on the server i have disabled the progdvb graph too (/nograph). A Server not really need a fast graphic card. over remote desktop(rdp) i can see the progdvb picture without errors from the server .. and it works - its a little bit slow but it works and with sound (no errors).

prog - du you think also my graphic card ist the problem?

PS: i have installed SP2 on the server now - but it have the same problems on my clients :(

You don't use the VGA for video picture, but it does exist in the system and for the GUI. Therefore it takes and reserves it's resources for this, at least, straight, strict and stupid....
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch: