Astrometa DVB-T2 - video glitches

I bought this Chinese USB DVB-T tuner: https://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Astrometa_DVB-T2

The problem is that when I watch DVB-T channels in ProgDVB I get glitches, as if the signal/reception was bad (smeared, blocky picture). But the signal is fine. Even if the signal is 100% it still glitches. The glitches are more severe and more frequent with HD channels, but also on SD channels it happens every 2 seconds. Audio is always fine, the problem is just video.
I don't have this problem with a different USB tuner (Realtek 2832U).

Is there maybe a solution for this?

Re: Astrometa DVB-T2 - video glitches

Prog wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:48 am
Do you have good signal on same device in other software?
I tried in VLC now and it's even worse than in ProgDVB. The picture freezes all the time.
You can check signal quality in ProgDVB -> File->Input traffic->packet lost
It shows a constant loss ("Minimal lost"). After a few minutes it stabilizes at around 0.4%. (With the other (2832U) device it goes to 0.0%.)

The signal strength meter (for the good channels) is at 99-100%. The reception of these channels shouldn't be a problem, because I've watched them with different tuners and even with weaker antennas.

There's another discussion about this device and some posts suggest that it might have something to do with the drivers and maybe it can be improved with software:
https://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/61 ... ent=487863
Anyway, just wondering if you have some ideas for something to try (maybe some settings).

As a last desperate attempt, I tried installing the player software from Astrometa (TVRplayer) and... it works. The picture is fine in TVRplayer, no more video glitches.
I don't know why, maybe this software includes some driver level hacks that make it work with this device.

In ProgDVB and VLC it's still bad.
I don't like this TVRplayer software and I would prefer to use ProgDVB, but it is what it is.

(I also tried changing to a USB 2 port, but it didn't help.)

I got absolutely the same problem with Astrometa tuner. I've tried to use it and ProgDVB to watch DVB-C, but those video glitches are awful. I've contacted Astrometa support regarding this issue. And got reply from their software engineer. Here it is:
"Due to hardware limitation, accessing RF status(power or quality) may interrupt streaming through USB. As for no issues with TVR - it reads RF status only during tuning or poor stream reception."

They suggest to turn off RF status refresh during playback on ProgDVB. How can I do that? Where can this option be found?
I used to have the same problem in Tvheadend, but turning off RF status ("Force old status" in tuner options) worked like a charm there, so now no issues at all. How can this be done in ProgDVB?

Thank you!

Yes, after using recommended option Tvheadend no longer shows data for signal level and SNR. It just says 'Unknown'. And video is as good as it should be.
When that data is updated then video glitches permanently happen, especially on HD channels.

And one more thing to add. My Astrometa tuner device id is USB\VID_15F4&PID_0131&REV_0100&MI_00 , built with Sony CXD2837ER demodulator. Used OS is Win 10 Pro x64 20H2, device driver is the latest from Astrometa 200917. I use it only with DVB-C, all channels work with parameters QAM256 and 6750 symbol rate.

Hi all,
I have exactly the same problem.

And I guess the same one is here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13306
"Signal quality have 80+ but sometimes program have a lot graphics artefact like have not much signal strength and watching tv is not good"

I tired other demux settings but it didn't help

As mentioned in this thread:
- lot's of glitches, artefacts on all channels non-HD, HD, DVB-T, DVB-T2
- ProgDVB indicate there are packets lost, but it cannot be true (TVRplayer works ok)
- VLC even worse
- on TVRplayer everything is smooth, no problems at all, I do not see even single pixel lost

My device: USB\VID_15F4&PID_0131&REV_0100&MI_00
Name: Astrometa DVB-T2 Device
Driver version: 64.6.427.2017
Driver date: 27.04.2017
System: Windows 10 21H2

I use it with DVB-T and DVB-T2 channels in Poland

So it seems from the thread that too often checks for information kills picture.
How to disable that in ProgDVB? Or what can I change so picture is normal without all the glitches.