Re: Recording Error from ProgTV on Android.

You need to create a folder to store the recorded file. Find your Internal Storage Folders it should have folders for everything you have loaded on your phone. Create a folder and name it something different thats easy to find like PTVR or something like that. Now set up a recording on ProgTV and select the folder you created in Internal Storage to store the file and thats where the recording will end up.

Stan wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:02 pm
You need to create a folder to store the recorded file. Find your Internal Storage Folders it should have folders for everything you have loaded on your phone. Create a folder and name it something different thats easy to find like PTVR or something like that. Now set up a recording on ProgTV and select the folder you created in Internal Storage to store the file and thats where the recording will end up.
Stan, if you would read all of the posts I used another app and had no problem recording to the folder that I was trying to use in ProgTV.

sbnelson00 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:09 pm
Stan wrote:
Stan, if you would read all of the posts I used another app and had no problem recording to the folder that I was trying to use in ProgTV.
sbnelson00 I read all your posts and your comment makes the answer plain and simple you just don't understand what you have with ProgTV. ProgTV is a very advanced player whereas IPTV Smarters Pro is bottom of the barrel waste. When you have an advanced player you need to learn the functions of the player so you can fine tune it in order for it to work perfectly smooth. I don't see the problem just to set up a folder, name the folder then set up a recording with ProgTV and direct it to place the recording in that folder. Its very simple to do if you can follow directions.

Stan wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:28 am
sbnelson00 wrote:
Stan wrote:
sbnelson00 I read all your posts and your comment makes the answer plain and simple you just don't understand what you have with ProgTV. ProgTV is a very advanced player whereas IPTV Smarters Pro is bottom of the barrel waste. When you have an advanced player you need to learn the functions of the player so you can fine tune it in order for it to work perfectly smooth. I don't see the problem just to set up a folder, name the folder then set up a recording with ProgTV and direct it to place the recording in that folder. Its very simple to do if you can follow directions.
From what i can see he has set up a folder for recording. I sent him a copy of my recording path and he said he had done that but it did not work.
I can't remember setting my recording path up, it might have been done on the installation of the app. It could be storage problems he is having, specially on a phone.

ravo1957 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:09 pm
Stan wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:28 am
sbnelson00 wrote:

From what i can see he has set up a folder for recording. I sent him a copy of my recording path and he said he had done that but it did not work.
I can't remember setting my recording path up, it might have been done on the installation of the app. It could be storage problems he is having, specially on a phone.
The path you sent storage/emulated/0/Download/Record is almost the same as I use on Android box but mine has another forward slash at the end storage/emulated/0/Download/Record/ Storage is not the problem the phone would still record whatever it can with what it has available. The reason for the error sbnelson00 is getting is due to the path is broken it needs to be fixed. In order to fix the path sbnelson00 needs to do the following.

Create and name a new folder either in internal storage folder or the download folder where all the app folders exist. So if sbnelson00 creates a new folder in the Download folder where all the app folders are located and names the new folder WTF. Now sbnelson00 needs to open the ProgTV APP > Options > Record > Select the 3 dots in the Record folder. Now sbnelson00 needs to search here to find and select the newly created WTF folder. When the WTF folder has been found and "selected" then sbnelson00 needs to select OK at the bottom of the page. The direct recording path now has been created and should look somewhat similar to this storage/emulated/0/Download/WTF/ but could look slightly different except the last 2 in the path will be /Download/WTF/ The direct path has been set the error sbnelson00 was getting before due to the broken path will no longer happen while recording and everything will run smoothly.

That path i sent is off android and you don't need to use the last forward slash unless you are adding another folder. sbnelson00 has said he has used that same path in a different app and it worked. If the path was broken i think the dev would have picked up on that all ready. The best thing sbnelson00 can do is uninstall the app and then reinstall it. There could be problems with the app, i have it installed on my 7.0 android tablet and it won't even open but works great on my 8.1 android tv box.