DISEQC delay resets itself to 10s frequently on ProgDVB 7.45.03

Anybody else facing the issue that channel switches are delayed no less than about 10 seconds?
I found that in my device properties for my "{BDA} TBS 6903 DVB2/S2 Tuner0" when I click "Additional options" I see a value of 10000 in "Delay betwen Diseqc" which I think is in milliseconds and translates to 10 seconds.
When switching channels ProgDVB is freezing up for about 10 seconds and Windows might even offer to force-close it due to unresponsive GUI. Setting the value to 0 will automatically set ti to its minimum value of 10 and it's just working perfectly for me at a value of 10 (channels switched properly).

However I see the value occasionally being auto-reset to 10 seconds and channel switching leading to ProgDVB freezing up for 10 seconds on channel switch again.
Not sure if there is a trigger for the delay-reset but it happens to me at least once a day. But setting the value to 10ms again is also surviving a restart of ProgDVB - until it gets reset even while ProgDVB is running.

Re: DISEQC delay resets itself to 10s frequently on ProgDVB 7.45.03

Actually aftrer some upgrade I noticed after a while that channel switching is very slow and ProgDVB is freezing up for pretty long time. Initially thought it's an issue with Acamd I need for HD+ but turned out it's the DISEQC delay being set to 10 seconds. I actually set it to 0 and ProgDVB seems to set it to its minimal value of 10 when doing so. So when re-opening the device settings it's set to 10.
Just occationally it happened to be re-set to 10s again.

I have enabled logging now so perhaps next time I can see something (Normal logs, not verbose). Let's see if it happens again. Happened to me probably 3 times in last month.

In fact I have just been able to reproduce the issue. It's actually very simple:
  • Open any BDA Sat channel in ProgDVB window mode
  • Switch to fullscreen modee by pressing "f" shortcut or double-click the video window
  • Exit fullscreen mode and check settings > TV sources > "{BDAS} TBS 6903 DVBKS/S2 Tuner 0" properties > Advanced options
Update: It also happens when switching from "Normal screen" to "TV window" mode using "w" hotkey. But it does NOT happen when switching modes using right-click and mouse select in the menu. Only when using hotkey. So using hotkey or double-click to change window mode is somehow resetting the DISEQC delay, but using mouse menu does not.

Reproducability: Always.

I did also catch debug logs but the term "10000" only appearing in "ProgAR.txt" in line
"22:01:34.319 - Start rnd sound. 910000"

No mention about delay or diseqc in any logs. But perhaps you can reproduce it now.

Prog wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:20 am
Is it depended from fullscreen/windowed mode? Can you repeat same in normal mode?
Not sure if I got the question right. In fact it happens always when changing the window mode using a hotkey:
  • When being in "Normal screen" mode and pressing "f" to go to fullscreen and "f" again to return to "Normal screen"
  • When being in "TV window" mode and pressing "f" to go to fullscreen and "f" again to return to "Normal screen"
  • When being in "Normal screen" mode and pressing "w" to enter "TV window" mode and pressing "w" again to return to "Normal screen"
It also happens when switching from "Normal screen" to "Fullscreen" mode using right-click menu on video window. But does NOT happen when switching from "Normal screen" to "TV window" mode using the right-click menu.

So whenever I use a hotkey or switch to fullscreen the DISEQC delay is set to 10000.

Prog wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:59 pm
Still not understand how diseq settings depended from UI. Can you record me some video of problem? For example on mobile.
Repeat operations and show settings.
Me neither, I would not have reported this if I knew what is the root cause. I also don't see any reason why window mode switching should cause any device setting to be affected.
Prog wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:59 pm
ps: Can you repeat that problem on clean installed ProgDVB or need addition settings?
I did not do a full re-installation yet but might go through this effort to check.

So I did some more tests. Here are the results:
  • Bug seems NOT to be present in 64-bit/x64 edition of ProgDVB, only in x86 version.
  • Tested with a fresh configuration (erasing ProgDVB configuration folder) allowing me to instantly reproduce the issue after creating TV sources configuration.
I have created a video of the issue and placed it here.
I can't use x64 version even if I would as I don't know about a working softCAM solution for x64 - do you know any?

Prog wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:03 am
I do same but without bug.
1. Please try different value. For example 200.
2. Try without plugin. Same problem?
Not sure if you did read my previous post but let me repeat:
  • I did start with a fresh configuration (cleaning %ProgramData%\ProgDVB) so without plugins and without doing any settings exceppt configuring BDA card and DISEQC multiswitch and doing a channel search.
  • I did reproduce the issue on a clean 32-bit installation
  • Test installation did NOT use any plugins or customization at all
  • 64-bit version seems MOT to be affected
  • Using LAV decoders (if that matters)
  • Tried value 200 too at no avail. Value is always reset to 10000 when pressing "f" to enter fullscreen mode
And yes, I have no clue why ProgDVB should do anything to the delay parameter when changing window mode. I could understand it to do this when switching channels and ending in device timeouts for example. But I do nothing like this, just plain full-screen switching on 32-bit version of ProgDVB.

Just to be 100% fair and transparent here:
  • I just noticed the plugins are not in %ProgramData%\ProgDVB but rather in the %ProgramFiles% folder. So my bad, the Plugin remained installed (ACamd). To be 100% clean I repeated the test uninstalling ProgDVB first and wiping %ProgramData%\ProgDVB as well as "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\ProgDVB Professional" before re-installing. Then just setting up everything by instgalling only ProgDVB (no services, no plugins, no codec trieals) and set up only BDA device (no other devices like youtube or IPTV). No change. ProgDVB still switching the DISEQC delay to 10000 on every "f" keypress to enter fullscreen mode.
  • Also the default delay value is 200 and yes I did not write it but also re-validated it that even if I put 200 in the value it's getting reset to 10000 all the time
So the issue is 100% reproducible for me.
I even tried to switch from my 2x 4K120 setup to 1x FHD screen to check if it makes a difference. No difference. It still resets the delay on my DISEQC multiswitch setup.

I don't know exactly when this was introduced. Might be a while until I noticed channel switching to be very slow. Thought about a bug or changed codecs or something like this until I found the delay to be set to 10 seconds causing ProgDVB to freeze up on each channel change for 10 seconds.

SkyBeam wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:17 pm
I don't know exactly when this was introduced.
OK, here is another hint which might help you to identify the bug.
It was introduced in ProgDVB version 7.44.9.
  • I cannot reproduce the issue in any version up and including ProgDVB 7.44.8.
  • The bug appears consistently in any version starting with ProgDVB 7.44.9 up and including the current 7.45.4.

As I was unable to send you a PM I am sending it publicly here:

Here's a link to download the config export: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoJVHZ9vF1kUkG47jNXe8L9FEQGi

Note: This is the export of a very basic config. Just reset the configuration (delete ProgDVB folder) then launch ProgDVB, cofigure devices and doing a partial channel search on one of the positions.
As stated here the bug seems to have been introduced in version 7.44.9. Earlier versions do not show this problem.