7.46.0 / 4.46.1: Hotkeys do not work

In version 7.46.0 and 7.46.1 I found hotkeys to be broken. In fact it seems a single hotkey is working but any following key is ignored.
In version 7.46.1 I noticed this affecting me only if new style OSD is disabled.

I see where you are heading to with the new style OSD and I generally support and like it. The biggest issue I have with the new OSD is that it is unreadable with its unscaled size if I am using ProgDVB on my 32" 4K screen and use it as a TV from some viewing distance. The font size does not scale with window size. Despite this fact it does not show any details about the next EPG entry (while old style was showing some parts of the EPG description of the upcoming movie. I would prefer if the size of the OSD is scaling with screen/window size and always showing the same level of information as typical use (at least for me) is to use windowed mode while doing other work on my machine, so I am close to my screen and going full-screen when watching a movie from my couch. But at the moment full-screen on 4K screen is almost unreadable for me and there is no option in options to change this.

I think when there is a solution for this and other users provide similarly positive feedback, then the old style OSD could be dropped.

Re: 7.46.0 / 4.46.1: Hotkeys do not work

New OSD not support old OSD dialogs like channel list. I think this is not actual for PC (mouse/keybord). For TV I have ProgTV...

About size... It is very untypical logic. I am not have no one app on my PC which would change fonts depending on size.
In ProgDVB you can change font size for GUI and OSD in options. Same in ProgTV.

Prog wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:21 pm
New OSD not support old OSD dialogs like channel list. I think this is not actual for PC (mouse/keybord). For TV I have ProgTV...

About size... It is very untypical logic. I am not have no one app on my PC which would change fonts depending on size.
In ProgDVB you can change font size for GUI and OSD in options. Same in ProgTV.
I think you did not get the point here. Actually I am rather talking about keeping the font size identical no matter the window size. Just as you scale the OSD together with the window size - just as in old style ProgDVB OSD. Actually the same happens to any TV stream. For example watching a news channel the news ticker overlay is small when the window is small and is scaled of course with video size when scaled to the complete screen.
The new OSD instead is keeping a 10pt font size 10pt no matter the window size. So when I watch TV in a very small window it covers almost all the video and when scaling to 4K it's actually extremely small.
I don't think this use-case is so exotic that people might watch TV in s desktop window while doing web browsing and when going full-screen also change their watching distance. You might not have a 4K screen with high DPI (like 28"-32" 4K screen) but on such a screen the text is simply not readable at a viewing distance of 2-3m or more. While the traditional OSD was auto-scaled, always showing the same information and always occupying the same percentage of the video window.

So yes, on a 4K 32" screen about 200% interface font size is making the new OSD use about 1/3 of the scren hight and looking perfectly beautiful. But using this setting and scaling my video window to about 1/4 of the screen (about Full-HD window size) the OSD is basically overlaying the complete video window. IN addition it also scales all items, inluding channel list and even menu font size. So when sitting in front of my PC ProgDVB looking like being designed for visually impaired people with huge buttons.
I am also unable to select s different scaling factof ro menu/interface (e.g. menus) and OSD.

And yes, I am working on Windows 10 with 32" 4K screen at 100% scaling and I am used to let ProgDVB run in Window mode scaled to max. 1/4 of the screen (half width, half height). And I don't think this is such an exotic use case. But others might correct me if they like it this way.

So I switched back to traditional OSD by disabling the new style OSD as the release notes stated this mode will still be available. So I am perfectly fine with it. But now it turns out hotkey (and also e.g. volume change via mouse wheel) is broken if I disable new style OSD. And at least I believe this is a bug. So either disabling new style OSD should not be offered as an option or it should work properly.

May question - why you not use ProgTV? I can scale font depending on the size of the window but TV request different type of interface for remote control. Like ProgDVB.
if I increase the fonts of osd, but gui fonts will still be poorly read and 90% of ProgDVB functions will not be convenient with TV. ProgTV is a much better at this. Try it. You can use two players and switch between them with one button.

ps: I am check hotkeys in next version. But first of all, they should work well in the new mode.

Prog wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:16 pm
Do you use OSD channel list or OSD guide?
Not sure if we refer to the same thing. Guide is what is shown when I press "e" hotkey and it's showing a dialog screen. I am not using this usually. Same as the channel list when moving the mouse to the left/right border in fullscreen.
I am currently referring to OSD as the info overlay when pressing the "i" hotkey. This is the only overlay I am currently using.

Enabled Verbose logging and immediately after unchecking New Style OSD and restarting I get UI crash.
Type: Unhandled .NET Thread Exception
Message: Object reference not set to an interface or an object.
Method: Void ChangeCurrentGraphForUSD(BaseEngine.GraphID)

The stack trace cannot be copied and is cut off in the "UI Crash" dialog. Clicking OK will show the restart dialog and then crash again. What exactly do you need? Contents of %ProgramData%\ProgDVB\Logs? There isn't much loggedin there as I can see

Edit. Sent an e-mail to you as even the forum PM system does not allow me to send any attachmend (neither a ZIP nor logs itself). Was a bit hard to get it running again as it turned out not only disabling new style OSD but also verbose logging is crashing my ProgDVB at startup.
Last edited by SkyBeam on Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prog wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:26 pm
I am not have good but try prerelease.
Tried ProgDVB 7.46.2a. Does not crash immediately on restart when disabling new style OSD. But unfortunately also hotkeys don't work and it randomly crashes. A reproducible trigger to crash it is to (left)-click the video Window. I set to verbose logging again and will send you an extract of the UI crash dialog and logs.
Edit: Yes the crash cannot be reproduced if new style OSD is enabled.