Recording feature in Prog

Although there have been some new versions of Prog, there has been little improvement in the recording capability of the program unfortunately. e.g: no one click recording (at the bottom) No one click timed recording. The scheduling feature is time consuming and cant be done with just a few clicks. There is no daily repeat recording...etc. That is a pitty because such a program which is full of features is that hard to record...

No one click recording???

Do you mean, your record button does not work?

The scheduler works extremely simple, if fed from the EPG.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

YOu mean the R botton, no it doesnt do anything. The EPG is not available on the majority of channels on Nilesat, and when it is it doesnt extend for more than 24 hours

This is working fine over here, for starting, stopping or cancelling recordings.

So, what version(s) of ProgDVB are you talking about, exactly?
Do you use a 3rd party language file?
Did you set a valid recording folder?
Do you / does ProgDVB have write access to that place?
Do all the other record switches / buttons work?
no one click recording (at the bottom)
What bottom are you talking about?
The navigation bar in fact does not have a record button. It is meant for playback and timeshift control.
But there is a record button in the symbol bar.

For logical reasons, we have to keep bug reports and feature requests strictly separate...

Regarding your satellite and EPG on it, I don't have that bird over here.
This for, please find out, if the provider transmits more than just Now / Next data.
Some do provide EPG for days, some others simply don't.
So, I can't find out, if this is a bug or pretty normal.
Perhaps compare with another software and / or a receiver.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86

Auf Deutsch:

Welcher Button ? - what a button

Es ist der Button "For Record" im EPG Fenster "Event Information"
Der Button ist hellgrau und nicht bedienbar seit ProgDVB 4.87.xx .
Normalerweise, wenn man einen Film markiert hat, kann man damit den Scheduler programmieren, was aber seit ProgDVB 4.87.xx nicht mehr geht !

Auch funktioniert im EPG Fenster das Deutsche Sprachmenü nicht mehr von Loro ( V 4.78 ) aber das ist ein anderes Problem, und wenn man alles auf englisch lässt, klappt das mit dem "For Record" Button auch nicht

Google translate:
It is the button "For Record" in the EPG window "Event Information"
The button is gray and not operated since ProgDVB 4.87.xx .
Usually when a film can be marked, so that the scheduler program, but since ProgDVB 4.87.xx no more!

Even works in the EPG window German-language menu is not more of Loro ( V 4.78 ), but this is a different problem, and if everything is in English can work with the "For Record" button is not

Manfred

The German language file surely needs to be updated with every GUI related change in ProgDVB itself.

However, a greyed out button in the English user interface normally means, that function is not (yet) available on that version.
The Engine2 may not be ready on this behalf.

At least, with the details you provided right now, we are getting an idea, where to look.

I am very busy these days.
But in a couple of days, I intend to do my own testings on the latest subversions at home, as far as I can get.
And this issue will be included, of course.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

There are 3 ways to record in Prog (and I have the latest version):
1-Through EPG. This is not very useful since not many channels have it and not for long enough days.

2-Through the services menu. Only start and stop functions. no timer. I have to keep attending the recording to stop it myself. and I have to be in the minimized mode - not full screen- It would be much easier to put the recording button near the play button and make it timed i.e: 1 click 15 minues second click 30 min and so on.

3-Through the scheduling. I have to type numbers in instead of taking the time from a menu. It takes 5 min sometimes to finish the scheduling. This could be improved.