No Captions - problem

I have quite a problem that I cannot solve.

This seems to happen only on 28.2 deg east satellite. A large number of channels appear without a caption, where the caption should be it will read 'noname SID=(number) TID=(number)' where the number relates to the sid/tid for each channel.

These channels are named and will appear fine on Mytheatre etc.
this problem only seems to exist on 28.2 east and updating the captions doesn't even help. I have a very strong signal from this sat.

Using progdvb vers 4.22

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated as I cannot solve it.

thanks Gary

Try ProgDVB version 4.75 or slightly above, or even a modern one.

4.22 had severe issues with channel names on european birds, as far as I know, due to some hot fixes for the Americans then.

However, to give the scanner a bit more time, add this to your ProgDVB.ini at the end:

[Scaner]
AfterChangeTransponderDelay=3000

ProgDVB 4.75 and 4.84.1 (w9x) are scanning fine here, even 28.2E, whereat the Britain beam transponders come in quite weak over here, on my 1m dish with central LNB pointing to 19.2E...
Just a few stations will still have no name and / or provider captures, as there aren't any transmitted.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Just put vers 5.11.09 on and it has resolved the caption issue.

Unfortunately the audio starts to break-up after about 5 mins and after 10mins the audio totally stops and the picture stutters very badly. Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong.

Usin XP-Pro AMD XP-6000 dual core 2gb ram, 7950 graphics card.

This may (but not must) be related with timeshift settings.
Try to install without, or limit size to far below half of your free physical RAM, or put the timeshift buffer onto another physical HDD (not just partition).
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

thanks Jurgen but unfortunately that does not work.

The audio breaks up after about 2 mins and the picture shortly afterwards.

I'm trying a few other settings to see if I can resolve it.

Juergen, I will post this onto a new thread as the topic has changed. I have had these kind of problems with mytheater as have others and it appears to be due to the dual-core CPU, I hope this is not the case with progdvb.

Gary