Request : MKV (matroska) writer plugin ?

Hi,

is there any chance to implement a MKV writer module into ProgDVB ? MPEG-TS sucks badly for anything else than watching, and even then many players will go out of sync (like MPC) during playback, in some cases.

MKV has the ability to store all streams possible in DVB-S streams, it has a much superior timing feature with fixed time stamps on each video and audio block, and it could also store subtitles in the same file (text or image). VdubMod from 1.5.10 could open the MKV files directly, and allow direct encoding into MPEG4 AVIs or MKVs.

As it is an open standard, no license fees would apply and there is plenty of free muxing code available (like Haali's muxer lib, libmatroska, VLC) and even two free DirectShow muxing filters (from Gabest and Haali).

If you are interested, please contact me or the team at

matroska-devel AT lists DOT matroska DOT org

Christian
matroska project admin
http://www.matroska.org

Hello Christian

To achieve all details required, on the modules interface, contact prog(at)progdvb.com
Let it be in simple english, if you don't speak russian.

Also possible, to use the well known MD_API interface, for a DLL style plugin.
VLinders made it public, the author of y_a_n_k_s_e plugin and other fine tools.
Perhaps look at DVBN, as they aren't that much limited to "official" use...
That interface in itself ain't good or bad, depends on what you do with it ;)

Regards

Jürgen
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>