LOF settings aren't for satellites but for LNBs.

For the LOF(s) read the LNB's label or data sheet.
Switch must be calculated to be between (LOF2 + 950 MHz) and (LOF1 + 2150 MHz), to avoid loss of transponders or error messages on invalid frequencies.

For most LNBs made for the european market and less than ten years old, the default settings will work.

But of course you need a Ku band (universal) LNB to receive the Ku band(s), a C band type for the C band. Then select properly in the LNB & DiSEqC settings.

Basic reason is, original satellite frequencies are too high to go through the cable. This for all LNBs convert the satellite band(s) to an IntermediateFrequency band, that can be transported even over quite long (satellite) cables. That IF band reaches from 950 to 2150 MHz (at least), that's the tuner pack input range resp. tuning range.
As the software normally is fed with the original transponder frequencies, but the tuner pack needs the according IF value, the software has to be informed properly about the LNB's built in LOF(s), to calculate, where to set the tuner, plus eventually if to activate a band switch signal.

Well, this reads "a bit" technical, but in fact this procedure makes sure that in 99+% of all cases customers don't have to calculate anything.
In earlier years there have been a lot of analogue receivers, that "just" used the IF frequency. But then the customer had to calculate for each new channel, depending on the LNB type in use. Back in the early nineties there were standard LNBs on the market, that had a LOF of 10000 MHz, others (named Astra1C compatible) had 9750, more varieties existed for DBS, T-COM...

These days in europe we have just two LNB types frequently used, universal LNBs with integrated LOF switching, that cover the whole (european) Ku band, and the C band type (mainly used for global coverage).
Standard values for both types are available as defaults in ProgDVB (and most other DVB software as well).
This for most users can also use third party transponder lists, that don't care for LOFs. Also third party channel lists are possible this way.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>