Recording error!No access for recording

I am trying to configure an external drive for recording. When I chose it in the options and try to record I get the message "Recording error!No access for recording, Try another folder" I have tried both Fats and NTFS. My app permissions for ProgTV are on. I am using A95X box.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Recording error!No access for recording

This is due to new Android write restrictions. If you didn't have realized, there's a folder called Android/data on any external storage to write new data because this app don't ask for write permission to user.
As of Marshmallow, it's impossible to write to the root directory or any other folder of any drive without asking for permission first. It seems your app is not asking for permission, so you must use a specific directory. Follow these steps:
1. Find out the name of the package corresponding to the ProgTV app i think it's com.progdvb.progtva
2. Create a folder called 'Android/data/com.progdvb.progtva on root directory of your USB drive For example, Kodi data directory is /Android/data/com.org.xbmc.kodi/
3. When you are going to record a new show, select this new folder for recording. If I'm not wrong, the app will have write permission and you're done.

PS: ProgTV Beta package name is com.progdvb.progtva_adv

Enjoy
PROG you should put what i said as sticky post

Re: Recording error!No access for recording

browse your extrenal storage using a filebrowser
and go inside ANDROID/DATA/
then once you inside DATA create a folder called ...
com.progdvb.progtva <--- if you using ProgTV
or
com.progdvb.progtva_adv <--- if you using ProgTV Beta
then once the folder is created go to progTV and select the recording path com.progdvb.progtva or com.progdvb.progtva_adv

it works for boths programs Beta & none Beta

PS: be shure your file browser is asking for permission
Im using Es file explorer to give permission