Re: SAT>IP Protocol support

Prog wrote:ProgDVB receive one scream. If server send all pids in stream then you can scan only ~100 transponders. If only per channel then you can open without scan.
But that process not depended from client software and from scanner.
Hi Prog,

If you full implement SAT>IP client protocol, then you can request the FULL TS from the server. Also, you can control the filtering. However, now you are using a simplified (an optional) method to operate a SAT>IP server. This method is simple: you read a M3U file with one RTSP URL entry for each channel scanned (previously) by the server. This RTSP streaming is a TS with all pids from this channel (aka all pids except video/audio/teletext/ of other channels present in the same transponder). In this particular case it's good to scan the TS for channel name and other parameters (because the URL in the M3U file don't have all information). The problem is the time consumed to scan one channel (around 20 seconds/channel). If you can improve this the scan it will be more fast... not only for DVB over IP, but to IPTV services based on TS. At time, you implemented an option to "scan from TS" in the IPTV device, so in this case you're doing a scanning over a TS with only one channel in the TS. My suggestion (I think) can improve this task.

Related to current bug: You need more logs to fix packet lost?

Regards!

Prog wrote:Can you do m3u for transponders? (not for channels?). About losts. I must check this code again in prepare new version. Please wait. Do you read email every day?
Hi Prog,

No, m3u file is created by the device, and only contains VIDEO channels. For RADIO channels, another file exists. To discover the m3u file you need to use SDDP/UPNP. But the discovery lists this file: "http://IP_STB:49152/SAT2IP/SatelliteDesc.xml" and the content is:
<satelliteDescription>
<satellite name="Astra 19.2°E">
<serviceListURL type="video">/SAT2IP/ServiceList-5-Video.xml</serviceListURL>
<serviceListURL type="radio">/SAT2IP/ServiceList-5-Radio.xml</serviceListURL>
<serviceListURL type="video">/SAT2IP/ServiceList-5-Video.m3u</serviceListURL>
<serviceListURL type="radio">/SAT2IP/ServiceList-5-Radio.m3u</serviceListURL>
</satellite>
</satelliteDescription>
See, info about this device at http://www.smart-electronic.de/index.php?id=807

At time I'm using the file "ServiceList-5-Video.m3u", because is the channel list that I need. You can found this file in logs3.

I hope you prepare next test version soon.
Regards.

Hi Prog,

If you like to view files published by my device you can show in the attechment.

Remember: "SatelliteDesc.xml" is the file in the URL broadcasted using the SAT>IP protocol specification. So if you like to include autodiscovering (or manual discovering) this is the "root file".

Regards.
Attachments
satip-cx02.zip
(24.91 KiB) Downloaded 161 times

Prog wrote:Please send me playback log from modern version. For example enter
rtsp://192.168.210.181:554/programID=5275674
in search line of ProgDVB UI
Hi Prog,

Packet lost continues! :(

I check last pre-release version (ProgDVB7.05.6d.x64Pro.exe). Installed as upgrade over the previous. I start ProgDVB, then I "search in the UI" for "rtsp://192.168.210.181:554/programID=5275674" (CNN Int on Astra), a window appears (Add new Internet TV or Radio channel, I feel this is a bug because the channel exists), I close the window and "Minimal lost" continues to be ~36%.

I send to you the new logs as attachment. Howerver, how I can enable more logs? Current logs don't show anything about packets or discontinuities.

I like to comment that VLC with the same URL don't lost any packet, the TS is good.

Regards!
Attachments
Logs5-lost-packets-continues.zip
(9.62 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

Hi Prog,

I show you published a new release "7.05.7". I installed this version and the problem continues. I attach the logs (I feel now you have more info, beacause rebuffering occurs). The test done is: open ProgDVB, Change to DVB over IP list, Search in the UI for "CNN", play the channel... after 1 minute close.

Regards.
Attachments
Logs6-v7.05.7.zip
(8.25 KiB) Downloaded 143 times

Hi Prog,

I need to test pre-release "7.05.7a" or I need to wait for another one?
If you like to test by yourself your RTSP client implementation, please use VLC as a RTSP server restreaming a full TS. It's really easy to setup, and VideoLAN uses the same Live555 library!

Regards.

Hi Prog,

A very dirty/simple guide to setup a RTSP server (pseudo-SAT>IP server):

1) Create a "vlm.conf" file with this data:

Code: Select all

new channel1 vod
setup channel1 input "rtsp://192.168.210.181:554/programID=5267457"
setup channel1 enabled
input can be any source with a valid DVB TS (file or live). In my case I use the CNN channel of my STB server.

2) Start a VideoLAN instance with this commands:

vlc --ttl 12 -vvv --rtsp-host 0.0.0.0:554 --vlm-conf vlm.conf
I sugget to do this in another machine to impersonate a real SAT>IP server and use the physical network.

3) Check the setup using VideoLAN in your client machine using this URL "rtsp://IP_VLC_SERVER:554/channel1".

4) To use this config with ProgDVB create a m3u file with this content:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,VLC Restreaming
rtsp://IP_VLC_SERVER:554/channel1
If you like to test the m3u file, open it with VideoLAN.

5) Moreover, if you like to test multiple channels (for channel change), add more "vod sources" in your vlm.conf and expand your m3u file.

---------------------

After done that, I checked this config with last release version of ProgDVB. The results are: don't work! Scanning channel fails or the channel is detected as radio. I feel you never receive complete TS packets! :(

I hope this helps you!
Last edited by evarost on Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prog wrote:But not losts in your last log? Or? Please send me netclient.log from last prerelease. I am recommend use IPTV client without scanner for per channel list.
Hi Prog,

At time, all versions have the behaviour of lost packets. Related to "netclient.log" file it is in ALL of my LOGs. Please, see logs5 for last pre-release, and logs6 for last release. I repeat: your logs don't show ANY packet info, but packets are lost. You need to increase your verbosity to trace packets. Moreover, I really need to use DVB over IP, and NOT IPTV client, because in the m3u file don't have the full info of the channel... the scanning process is a requirment.

Have you checked my suggested setup with VideoLAN as a RTSP server?

Thank you for your time!

1. Test RTSP/TS from VLC from file and not have any problems.
for example vlc -vvv test.ts --sout=#rtp{sdp=rtsp://:8554/testTS} :sout-keep

2. Scanner total not need for open your type of channel. Must work with scanner and without. But scanner over RTSP is very slow procedure and this way not good.