Re: madVR

Prog wrote:New prerelease for fix error message. Please test.
Prog wrote:One more update of prerelease (same version number). Is it better?
So far so good. I get proper aspect ratios, and no crashes so far.

I only noticed small things with the OSD, which is pretty glitchy. Sometimes it's stuck at some weird low res mode, other times it doesn't extend to the both sides of the screen, or both. At least these things happened while I was switching between renderers for testing.
Also the OSD width is limited to the image width with madVR. (with EVR it extends to the sides of the screen as it should.)

I figured something out about the weird OSD behavior.
If I start PDVB with EVR enabled I get the high-res OSD and it stays that way if I change to madVR. (With the exception that it will be limited in width to the image width.)

If I start with madVR I get the low-res OSD which stays as such if I change to EVR. It also get's worse because now width of it will be a lot less than the screen width.

Of course Custom EVR is most power render because I have source and change it. Some function possible do in madVR some not. And I am not sure about OSD more then video window size.

As madvr developer said:
"OSD will be redesigned at some point. Right now I'm concentrated on algorithms and stuff, so no time for OSD at the moment."
Some problems can persist with OSD, this is madvr side.

Prog wrote:Of course Custom EVR is most power render because I have source and change it. Some function possible do in madVR some not. And I am not sure about OSD more then video window size.
I'm not quite sure what you mean. It looks entirely possible to have a high-res OSD with madVR, because I get one when I change from EVR.
So something's done differently when I change to madvr while ProgDVB is running, compared to when it's loaded on startup.

Prog wrote:I am not not have problem with HD OSD on my PC. try change more in Options->OSD to "Always HD".
I have that set already.
To me the OSD is persistently low-res upscaled. Don't know what else to say.

I tried to capture everything.

If I start with madvr the osd looks like this:

If I switch to EVR it looks like this:

Starting with EVR:

After switching to madVR:

How madVR shows up on a 4:3 channel:
If started with madvr:

If switched to madVR:

Prog wrote:More changes for madVR in prerelease.
I tried it. The only change I noticed is that the OSD is now extends all across the screen now even on 4:3 channels. So that's good.

I don't understand why this OSD bug is still present.

MadVR always forced to use the SD skin... Even when "Always Use HD skin" is set and "Use GUI for OSD".

But because another bug (I guess) when I change from madvr to EVR it gets the HD skin what EVR had. And it works perfectly...

Why not just pass the HD skin to madVR properly?